Veg upma recipe: Upma is one of the most commonly eaten breakfast recipes. It is easy to make, tasty to eat and quite light on the stomach. Keeping this in mind, we have brought a special recipe of veg upma for you.
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- Preparation Time: 05 Minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Badam halwa recipe
- Spicy mango pickle recipe
- White butter recipe
- Street style egg masala sandwich recipe
- Sandwich cake recipe
- Bread pakora chaat recipe
- Bhajiya usal recipe
- Baked noodles spring rolls recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make veg upma recipe
- 1 cup semolina, roasted
- 2 small onions, cut into pieces
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup beans, finely chopped
- 1/2 capsicum, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peas
- 2 green chilies cut lengthwise
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- A pinch asafoetida
- 6-8 curry leaves 1 tsp red chili
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp desi ghee
- 1 tbsp Green Coriander for garnish, finely chopped
Method of making veg upma recipe
- First of all, roast the semolina and keep it aside to cool down.
- Heat oil in a pan and put mustard seeds in it and let it crackle. Now cook the onion till it turns light pink in color.
- Add asafoetida, tomato, and all the vegetables and cook for some time on medium flame till they become soft.
- Add red pepper, turmeric, and salt, after frying for two minutes, add three cups of water and cover the lid and let everything cook for some time.
- Remove the lid, add a tablespoon of ghee to it, keep the flame low, slowly add semolina to it, and cook while stirring continuously.
- Sprinkle lemon juice, garnish with coriander and serve.
Key Ingredients: Semolina, Onion, Tomato, Beans, Carrot, Peas, Capsicum, Green chilies cut lengthwise, Oil, Mustard seeds, Asafoetida, Curry leaves, Red chilies, Turmeric, Salt, Lemon juice, Desi ghee, Green coriander for garnish