Sambar rice recipe: This is a Quick and Easy Recipe. Sambar Rice is a complete one-pot mile recipe, in this recipe you get the best taste of both sambar and rice.
- Total time: 25 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Palak pakoda recipe
- Rajma pakoda recipe
- Mango and mint kheer recipe
- Litti chokha recipe
- Paneer fingers recipe
- Chicken potato kebab recipe
- Portuguese custard tart
- Butter garlic mushroom recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make the Sambar rice recipe
- Arhar dal soaked a quarter cup
- 1 cup rice
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped into pieces
- Half cup drumstick
- 1/2 cup carrots and beans, chopped into pieces
- Taste salt
- 1/4 t spoon asafoetida
- 1/4 t spoon mustard seeds
- 6 Kadhipatta
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 cumin powder
- 1 tsp jaggery powder
- 2 t spoon sambar masala
- 1 t spoon tamarind pulp
Method of making Sambar rice recipe
- Mix rice, lentils, turmeric, and salt well in a pressure cooker.
- Add water to it and close the lid and cook for 3 or three.
- Now heat oil in a pan, add onion to it, and fry for two minutes.
- After this, put some asafetida and all the vegetables in it.
- Add salt, turmeric red chili, cumin, jaggery powder, and sambar masala to the vegetables and cook till it cooks completely well.
- Add cooked lentils and rice to it.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry, asafoetida, and mustard seeds and prepare a tempering and add it to the rice.
- After mixing the tempering well with rice, serve hot.
Key ingredients: Arhar pulses soaked in a quarter cup, rice, onion, tomato, drumstick, carrot and beans, salt, asafetida, mustard rash, kadhipatta, red chili powder, cumin powder, jaggery powder, sambar masala, tamarind pulp