Rava vada recipe: Traditionally prepared with a mixture of lentils, this recipe uses rava. It is easy to make and super crunchy. You can have it as an evening snack or pair it with hot sambar for a wholesome breakfast.
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 05 Minutes
- For how many people: 5
Ingredients need to make the rava vada recipe
- 1 cup rava
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli, cut into pieces
- 2-3 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, crushed
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Aloo uttapam recipe
- Chicken rice bowl recipe
- Kesar kheer recipe
- Mutton malai tikka recipe
- Mutton ginger recipe
- Sabudana kheer recipe
- Tandoori paneer pakora recipe
- Corn curry quiche recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Method of making rava vada recipe
- First of all, we need to cook rava. Put water, oil and salt in a pan, mix well and let it come to a boil.
- When it comes to boil, add rava. Keep stirring it till it absorbs all the water.
- Cover it and let it cook for some time. Once done, take out the cooked rava in a bowl.
- Add curry leaves, black pepper, cumin, chilli, chopped coriander and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Now make a big ball size of this mixture and flatten it slightly. Make a hole in the middle.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry the vadas on medium flame till they become crispy.
- Medu Vada is ready! Serve hot with ketchup, coconut chutney or hot sambar.
Key Ingredients: Rava, Water, Cumin seeds, Oil, Lemon juice, Coriander leaves, Green chillies, Curry leaves, Salt, Oil for frying, Black pepper, Crushed