Payyoli chicken fry recipe: A simple fried chicken recipe with authentic Malabar flavor. The spiciness of the green chilies perfectly cuts the juicy and tender pieces of chicken. Coconut oil gives a distinct flavor to this dish. Serve this dish as a starter at your home parties.
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Preparation time: 1 hour
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- For how many people: 4
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Thai chicken stir fry recipe
- Chilli chicken gravy recipe
- Ginger masala tea recipe
- Cream of spinach soup recipe
- Dhaba style arbi recipe
- Cheese paneer kulcha recipe
- Dragon chicken recipe
- Chicken madras recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make the payyoli chicken fry recipe
- Chicken, cleaned and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, cut into pieces
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 green chili, cut lengthwise
- 1 tsp meat masala
- 3 fresh coconut, grated salt
- 2 sprigs of chopped leaves
- 100 coconut oil
Method of making payyoli chicken fry recipe
- Marinate the chicken in minced ginger and garlic, vinegar, turmeric powder, salt, minced ginger and garlic, vinegar, turmeric powder, salt, meat spice powder, and Kashmiri red chili powder. Keep it for an hour.
- Add grated coconut and Kashmiri red chili powder.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and add marinated chicken and chopped green chilies and fry.
- Add red chili-coconut mixture and curry leaves to the undercooked chicken and fry for some time. Marinate in masala powder and Kashmiri red chili powder. Keep it for an hour.
- Add water and let the chicken cook till the chicken absorbs the water completely.
- Payyoli Chicken Fry is ready!
Key Ingredients: Chicken, cleaned and cut into 1-inch cubes, Garlic, Ginger, Kashmiri red chili powder, Turmeric powder, Vinegar, Green chili, Sliced lengthwise, Meat masala, Fresh coconut, Grated, Salt, Chopped leaves, coconut oil