Neni rogan josh recipe: A beautiful Kashmiri gravy that is rich in flavors of various spices. Serve this fragrant Rogan Josh with Kashmiri Pulao.
- Total Time 1 hour: 10 minutes
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- For how many people: 4
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Maggi pakoda recipe
- Bhindi black pepper recipe
- Cucumber and coriander smoothie recipe
- Rajma kebab recipe
- Schezwan fried rice recipe
- Rose thandai recipe
- Sabudana toast recipes
- Singapore fried rice recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make the neni rogan josh recipe
- 5 tbsp mustard oil
- 9 cloves
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 kg mutton
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp saunth (dry ginger powder)
- 1 tbsp fennel powder (roasted fennel powder)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri garam masala
For the Kashmiri Garam Masala:
- 2 big cardamoms
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 cinnamon
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp shahi jeera
- One small piece of whole dry ginger
Method of making neni rogan josh recipe
- Heat 5 tbsp mustard oil in a pan. Add 9 cloves, 1 tbsp Kashmiri red chili powder, and mix it well till it becomes dark brown in color.
- Add 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and mix well. When it starts boiling, add the meat and mix well until it is well coated.
- Add a pinch of salt, dry ginger powder, and fennel powder, and mix well. Mix the mixture well by mixing it together.
- Now add chopped tomatoes. Season the tomatoes with salt and sugar and mix well till they turn brown.
- Add half a cup of curd and keep stirring it well.
- Then add water to de-glaze the pan.
- Add Kashmiri Garam Masala and keep stirring on low flame for 10-15 minutes till the oil separates.
- Serve hot.
Prepare Kashmiri garam masala:
- Fry all the spices in a pan. Powder them in a mortar and pestle.
Key Ingredients: Mustard oil, Cloves, Kashmiri red chili powder, Turmeric, Mutton, Salt, Saunth (dry ginger powder), Saunf powder (Roasted fennel powder), Tomato, Sugar, Curd, Water, Kashmiri Garam masala, Kashmiri For Garam Masala: Big Cardamom, Green Cardamom, Cinnamon, Coriander Seeds, Black Pepper, Cumin Seeds, Shahi Jeera, Whole Dry Ginger