Konkani style chicken curry recipe: This recipe is prepared with a rich combination of flavors including whole spices, desiccated coconut, juicy chicken pieces, and more.
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Chicken cheese balls recipe
- Microwave coffee cake recipe
- Sabudana chips
- Sooji cheese balls recipe
- Chicken korma recipe
- Chicken kabsa recipe
- Instant mango pickle recipe
- Chicken quesadilla recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make Konkani style chicken curry recipe
- 500 gms chicken pieces (curry chopped)
- 2 big onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato
- One Tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 cup dry coconut
- 2 cups bay leaves
- 6-7 black peppercorns
- 2 cloves
- 1-inch cinnamon
- 1-star anise
- 2 small potatoes (cut into cubes)
Method of making Konkani style chicken curry recipe
- Start by marinating the chicken. Take a bowl, put chicken pieces in it, then add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and ginger-garlic paste. Mix everything and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil/ghee in a pan, add whole spices (as mentioned in the ingredients list) and let them splutter.
- Now add chopped onion and wait till it turns golden.
- Once cooked, add tomatoes, mix and let them become mushy and soft.
- Take a grinder, add coconut with water and grind it till it becomes a smooth paste.
- Put this paste in the pan and let the mixture cook well for about 15 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add chicken pieces and mix them well.
- Cover the pan and wait till the water gets absorbed a little and the chicken pieces become soft.
- Serve and get served!
Key Ingredients: Chicken pieces (curry chopped), Onion, Tomato, Ginger garlic paste, Dry coconut, Bay leaves, Black peppercorns, Cloves, Cinnamon, Star anise, Potato (cut into cubes)