Khasta kachori recipe: A dough made of refined flour and ghee, filled with a mixture of lentils and deep-fried till crisp. It tastes great to eat this kachori.
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Butter chicken kulcha recipe
- Garlic bread recipe
- Eggplant bhurji recipe
- Matka pulao recipe
- Paneer tikka roll recipe
- Chicken potato kebab recipe
- Khoya kulfi recipe
- Stuffed bombille recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make the khasta kachori recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup ghee
- Salt to taste
- Coldwater (for mixing)
- Oil for frying
- 3/4 cup dal urad dal
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp fennel seeds, powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp amchur powder
Method of making khasta kachori recipe
- Grind the dal coarsely.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and add cumin and asafetida to it.
- When they crackle, add dal and other ingredients, so that the stuffing is ready.
- Cook it on low flame till the mixture gets fried well. Once done, it will stop sticking to the pan.
- Remove the mixture from the flame and keep it cool down.
Prepare the Dough:
- Mix flour and salt.
- Add ghee to the flour.
- Mix it with the help of your fingers.
- Add enough water to knead a stiff dough (it should not come off easily when pressed with a finger). Cover and leave it to rest for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Make small balls of the lentil mixture (called pithi), and moisten your hands whenever necessary to prevent the mixture from sticking to them. Cover with a cloth till the feeling is ready.
- Make about 20 smooth balls from the dough. Roll them out till they are 1/4″ thick (approximately 5 cm/2 diameters).
- Take a piece of the rolled-out dough and press the edges with your fingers leaving the center thick.
- Moisten the pressed edges, place a ball of filling in the center and bring the wet edges together, covering the filling completely. Press together to seal.
- Keep this piece in your palm and press gently in the middle when the other palm is healed. First, flatten it a bit with the palm and then roll it around with light hands.
- Kachoris are ready to fry. Heat oil in a pan.
- When a little flour is put in the oil and see that the dough comes up at once, then put as many kachoris as you can fit, immediately turn over and turn the flame to medium.
- Fry them till they become a uniform golden color. Lower the flame to medium.
- It takes about 10 minutes from one side and 7-8 minutes from the other side. Filter it out from the oil and keep it on absorbent paper. serve hot.
Key Ingredients: All-purpose flour, Ghee, Salt, Coldwater (for mixing), Oil, Dali urad dal, Oil, Cumin, Asafoetida, Garam masala, Red chili powder, Fennel seeds, Powder, Coriander powder, Salt, Amchur powder