Kathal kebab recipe: Kathal (Jackfruit) Kebab is a famous appetizer from Uttar Pradesh. A great alternative to chicken and mutton kebabs, this kebab is made with steamed chana, pieces of soft kathal with aromatic spices.
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- For how many people: 3
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Schezwan paneer recipe
- Tapioca chips recipe
- Bite-size chicken balls recipe
- Matka pulao recipe
- Karwar fish curry recipe
- Chicken potato kebab recipe
- Street style fried chicken kebab recipe
- Dhokla chaat recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make the kathal kebab recipe
- 500 gms kathal
- 1/2 cup chana dal
- 2 green chilies, cut into pieces
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/4 tsp black salt
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnish, finely chopped
Method of making kathal kebab recipe
- Soak chana dal for 3-4 hours and cut kathal into small pieces.
- After soaking and cutting, boil the lentils and kathal together till they are more than 80% cooked.
- Now grind them in a blender along with ginger garlic paste and green chilies.
- Add all the spices mentioned in the ingredients list along with green coriander. Mix well using your hands.
- Make small and round kebabs and fry them in hot oil on a tava (griddle).
- Serve with curd, mint chutney, and onion rings.
Key Ingredients: Kathal, Chana Dal, Green Chillies, Onion, Ginger-Garlic Paste, Black Pepper, Cardamom Powder, Roasted Cumin Powder, Cinnamon Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Dry Mango Powder, Black Salt, Salt, Green Coriander