Kaju katli recipe is a traditional Indian dessert without which the festival of Diwali is incomplete. It does not take a lot of hard work to make it at home and is also easy to make. Only three ingredients are needed to make it – cashew, sugar, and cardamom powder. This dessert is decorated with silverwork, which makes its appearance attractive but due to the work, there is no difference in its taste. The silverwork is easily found at the Indian sweets shop. Make cashew katli at home by following this simple recipe.
Method of preparation of Kaju katli recipe
- Pre-Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- For how many people: 4
Ingredients need to make Kaju katli recipe
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Ghee for smoothness
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Paneer stuffed bhatura recipe
- Is Nate Diaz vegan – Nate Diaz’s favorite food that vegan athletes eat
- Crown fried chicken recipe
- Mooli paratha with besan
- Mango souffle recipe
- Schezwan fried rice recipe
- Egg pakora recipe
- 3 – Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Method of making Kaju katli recipe
- (If you are using cold cashews kept in a frozen / fridge, bring them to room temperature before grinding.)
- Put cashews in a small jar of a mixer grinder and grind them to a fine powder.
- Do not grind cashew nuts too much or the powder will become smooth.
- If necessary, remove the powder from the side of the jar with a spoon and grind again.
- Boil sugar and water in a pan on medium heat.
- Stir continuously with a spoon until the sugar dissolves.
- Allow the mixture to boil after the sugar dissolves. When the mixture starts to become slightly thick and smooth (sticky) after boiling, let it cook.
- Reduce the heat and add cashew powder and cardamom powder.
- Mix well.
- Stir continuously with a spoon until the mixture thickens and starts to form like a big bundle.
- It will take about 5-7 minutes. Do not cook it for too long, otherwise, the cashew katli will become tough.
- Turn off the gas and let it cool for 3-4 minutes. Grease the back of a plate with ghee.
- Pour the prepared mixture on the smooth surface. Grease your palms and cylinder with ghee. When the mixture is slightly warm then knead it a little, it will be soft like flour.
- If the mixture becomes dry then add a few drops of milk.
- Roll out the mixture into a 1/3 inch thick round shape with a rolling pin. Butter paper can also be placed over the mixture for easy rolling.
- Cut it into squares using a knife. Let it cool for 3-4 minutes.
- Separate the pieces and enjoy your favorite Kaju katli. If you want, you can also apply for silver work on it. It is good for 5-6 days at room temperature and 20-25 days in the fridge.
Suggestions and Variations of Kaju katli recipe:
- Make sure the cashew pieces are at room temperature (not cold) before serving.
- While cooking the sugar and water, keep in mind that the syrup does not cook more than a string of syrup, otherwise the cashew katli will become tough. Cook until the syrup starts to become slightly sticky and thick.
- If the mixture becomes hard (in step-8), then add a few drops of milk and knead it again. If you add milk, use cashew barfi within 1-2 days or keep it in the refrigerator.
- Do not cook the mixture in step-6 until it is too thick, otherwise, the cashew katli will harden after it cools down.
- To give it an attractive look, decorate it with silver work.
Taste: Sweet and light cardamom flavored
Serving methods: Serve cashew barfi with savory snacks like chivda, salt mercury, gathia, fenugreek puri, etc.