Gongura chicken biryani recipe: Taste the true flavors in your kitchen, straight from the streets of Andhra Pradesh. One of the most popular biryani recipes, this biryani is sure to win your heart.
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- For how many people: 3
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Aloo paneer pakora recipe
- Oats dahi kebab recipe
- Reshmi chicken paratha roll recipe
- Namkeen chicken masala handi recipe
- Egg chapati recipe
- Chicken potato kebab recipe
- Mango lassi popsicles recipe
- Eggless mango cake recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make gongura chicken biryani recipe
- 500 grams boneless chicken
- 60 grams refined oil
- 150 grams Onion , chopped
- 40 grams ginger garlic paste
- 50 g tomato paste
- 100 grams paste of Gongura leaves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
For Biryani Rice:
- 750 g basmati rice (cooked up to 80%)
- 60 grams desi ghee
- 150 grams saffron water
- 50 grams kewra essence
- 100 grams green chilies, cut into pieces
- 1 tsp mint leaves
- 2 tsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp fried onion
- Salt to taste
Method of making gongura chicken biryani recipe
- Heat the oil and fry the chopped onions till golden brown. Add ginger-garlic paste and fry till oil leaves the sides of the pan.
- Then add tomato paste and paste of Gongura leaves and fry on low flame.
- Add boneless chicken and some water. Cover with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add the ground spices. Stir well and check for salt. Keep aside.
- Take 80% cooked basmati rice in a food pan.
- Sprinkle desi ghee, rose water, saffron water and kewra essence. Sprinkle chopped coriander, mint leaves and chopped green chilies.
- Lastly, add chopped fried onions on top. Cover and cook in dum for 20 minutes.
- Now take it out in a bowl and serve. Put the pre-cooked gongura chicken on top or on the sides of the rice.
- Mix and enjoy!
Key Ingredients: Boneless Chicken, Refined Oil, Onion, Ginger Garlic Paste, Tomato Paste, Gongura Leaves Paste, Water, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder, Kashmiri Chilli Powder, Aamchur Powder, Garam Masala, Salt, Basmati Rice (80 % cooked), Desi Ghee, Saffron Water, Kevda Essence, Green Chillies, Mint Leaves, Coriander Leaves, Fried Onion, Salt