Egg puff recipe: This Egg Puff is a flaky filling of Spicy Boiled Eggs, each bite of which gives you a different taste.
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Mango sandwich recipe
- Paneer makhani pizza recipe
- Pakoda platter recipe
- Barbecue rice recipe
- Date ice cream recipe
- Avocado toast recipe
- Dahi vada recipe
- Egg pasta recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make the egg puff recipe
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, cut into pieces
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil plus extra for brushing
- 320 g rolled puff pastry sheets
Method of making egg puff recipe
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds. Don’t start cracking them.
- Keep the hob on medium flame and add chopped onion and fry till it becomes soft.
- Add chopped tomatoes to it and fry till it becomes soft.
- Lower the flame again, add dry powders, and fry till they release oil and you can smell an aroma. Remove from flame. Your masala mix is ready.
- Prepare a puff pastry sheet by first cutting the roll in half, straightening each roll, and dividing each rectangular sheet of pastry into three squares, so that you get a total of 6 squares. You’re only going to use 4 sheets of them for this recipe.
- Spoon the spice mixture into the center of the pastry square and place a half hard-boiled egg on top.
- Fold one corner of the pastry square over the egg to the center, repeating on all four corners.
- Brush oil over each parcel. Repeat until you have prepared all four pastry sheets. Your egg puffs are ready to go in the oven.
- Place your egg puffs on a baking sheet in the middle of the oven and bake for 25 – 30 minutes. Don’t forget to check in between, because ovens vary and you don’t want to burn your delicious puffs.
- Your puffs are ready to eat. To hold them, serve them with a handkerchief and with a hot cup of tea.
Key Ingredients: Hard Boiled Eggs, Onion, Tomato, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, Mustard Seeds, Salt, Sunflower Oil and extra for brushing, Rolled Puff Pastry Sheets