Cream of spinach soup recipe: A comfy bowl of soup tastes great with the taste-goodness of spinach, cream, and vegetable/chicken broth.
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Thai chicken stir fry recipe
- Avocado mash on toast recipe
- Paneer pancake recipe
- Hyderabadi dum chai recipe
- Dhaba style arbi recipe
- Aloo kulcha recipe
- Spinach avocado smoothie recipe
- Baked noodles spring rolls recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make cream of spinach soup recipe
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 3 medium potatoes (1/2 kg), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 and a half cups chicken or vegetable broth
- One and a half cups of water
- 2 chicken or vegetable broth cubes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 black pepper
- 3/4 tsp sour cream
- A pinch of spice
- 3/4 cup chives, for garnish, chopped
Method of making cream of spinach soup recipe
- Take a big saucepan and keep it on medium flame, add butter, add chopped onions to the pan and fry for 4 minutes or till it becomes transparent.
- Now add potatoes, chicken broth, water, and bouillon cubes to it.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, now reduce the flame to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes or till the potatoes are soft.
- Add spinach and cook for 2 to 4 minutes, until spinach becomes soft.
- Puree the soup mixture in a blender and pour the mixture into a saucepan.
- Add salt, pepper, and sour cream on low flame till it dissolves completely.
- Garnish with chopped chives, sprinkles of allspice or sour cream, and serve.
Key Ingredients: Onions, butter, fresh spinach, potatoes (1/2 kg), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes, 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth, 1 cup water, 2 chicken or vegetable broth cubes, Salt, pepper, sour cream, seasonings, chives for garnish