Churma ladoo recipe: Churma Laddu is a Rajasthani Stadal authentic sweet recipe. This nutmeg karkara flour is made with ghee and jaggery sweetness.
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- For how many people: 4
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Maggi pakoda recipe
- Dahi phulki recipe
- Veg biryani recipe
- Sitaphal kheer recipe
- Neni rogan josh recipe
- Rose thandai recipe
- Irani omelet recipe
- Summer blossom salad recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make the churma ladoo recipe
- 500 gms karkara flour
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 3/4 cup lukewarm water
- 300 grams ghee
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg, grated
- 250 grams jaggery
- Poppy to coat the ladoo
Method of making churma ladoo recipe
- Put karkara flour and ghee in a bowl and mash it well, the dough sticks well and takes shape when pressed with hands.
- When ghee and flour are mixed well, gradually add lukewarm water to it and knead a hard dough.
- The quantity of flour is a little high and you have to knead a hard dough, it becomes a bit difficult to knead, so you can divide the dough into equal parts, and knead in batches, this makes the job a lot easier. Knead the dough well for 2-3 minutes.
- After kneading, cover the dough with a wet cloth and keep it for 15 minutes.
- After the rest, divide the dough equally into small portions, press, and shape into sticks. Try not to make thick sticks otherwise it may remain raw from the inside.
- Place a wok or pan on low flame, add ghee and fry these sticks on medium flame.
- Once medium hot, fry these sticks on low heat till they become crisp and golden brown, flip them carefully and fry them from all sides, if you have a thermometer, please use it, And make sure to fry keeping the temperature in mind. 140 ℃.
- After frying, take them out and let them cool completely, crush with hands and put in a mixer grinder, use pulse mode, and grind till coarse.
- If possible grind it in small batches. Also sieve it through a sieve, making sure to use a sieve with holes of a slightly larger size.
- Grate 1/4th part of the whole nutmeg and mix it well with the ground churma.
- Use the same ghee for frying the churma and heat it till it is medium hot, add jaggery and cook till the jaggery melts completely, making sure not to overcook it, or else they may turn hard on cooling. Sprinkle a dash and mix once.
- Add melted jaggery and ghee to the ground churma mixture and mix well.
- Take the size of the laddu in sufficient quantity, keep in mind that while shaping it, do not press hard, otherwise the ghee may come out.
- You can shape the laddus as per your choice, once shaped, coat the laddus lightly with poppy seeds.
- Churma ladoos are ready, you can store them in an airtight container and keep them good for many days.
Key Ingredients: Karkara Flour, Ghee, Warm Water, Ghee, Nutmeg, Jaggery, Poppy seeds to coat