Bread vada recipe: This crispy fried bread vada is a perfect tea-time snack. Serve it with green chutney or ketchup and serve hot.
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Satay chicken curry recipe
- Egg bhel puri recipe
- Tandoori chicken roll recipe
- Chicken katsu burger recipe
- Chicken bread corn recipe
- Mutton shahi roll recipe
- Creamy buttermilk chicken salad recipe
- Spicy peanut butter dosa recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make the bread vada recipe
- 5 bread slices
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1-inch ginger
- 1-2 green chilies
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Asafoetida as per taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup curd
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp fine semolina
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
Method of making bread vada recipe
- Take 5 slices of bread and break them. Put in the grinder jar. Pulse or grind to get a texture like bread crumbs. Take out the bread crumbs in a mixing bowl.
- Add a cup of chopped onion, 1 tsp finely chopped ginger, 1 or 2 green chilies (chopped), cup chopped coriander leaves, and 8 to 10 curry leaves (chopped).
- Also add a teaspoon of black pepper (crushed), a teaspoon of cumin, and a pinch of asafoetida. Now add 3 tbsp rice flour, 2 tbsp fine semolina (wheat rava or cream), a cup of fresh curd, and salt as per taste.
- Control salt as bread already contains salt. Mix very well first.
- Then start kneading smooth dough. You may not need to add water as the moisture in the curd and onion helps in binding the dough.
- If you are not able to bind the dough, sprinkle some water and knead to make a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into small or medium-sized balls and then flatten them. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan for frying. Fry the bread vadas till golden brown. Bread vadas are ready!
Key Ingredients: Bread Slices, Onion, Ginger, Green Chillies, Coriander Leaves, Curry Leaves, Black Pepper, Cumin, Asafoetida, Turmeric Powder, Curd, Rice Flour, Fine Semolina, Salt, Oil (for frying)