Bread upma recipe is an easy-to-make, quick-to-make and delicious South Indian dish that is perfect for serving in the morning breakfast. Whatever ingredients are needed to make it, it will be easily found in the kitchen, and the method of making it is also similar to Rava Upma. So today, we learn to make bread upma by following this recipe.
- Pre-Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Paneer stuffed bhatura recipe
- Bhel puri recipe
- Crown fried chicken recipe
- Kaju katli recipe
- Mango souffle recipe
- Schezwan fried rice recipe
- Egg pakora recipe
- 3 – Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Necessary ingredients need to make bread upma recipe:
- 5 Bread Slices (White or Brown)
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/4 tsp urad dal
- 5-7 curry leaves
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 medium tomatoes, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- 1 tsp peanut, optional
- 4-5 cashew nuts, optional
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- 1½ tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander, to garnish
- Save, decorate (optional)
Method of making bread upma recipe
- You can use white bread or brown bread (wheat bread) in this method as per your choice.
- If possible, use brown bread (wheat bread) instead of white bread to make it a more nutritious snack.
- Cut the bread slices into small pieces or cubes.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a pan or pan on medium heat.
- Add mustard seeds, mustard seeds, cumin, and urad dal.
- Then add asafetida and curry leaves when the mustard starts bursting.
- Add chopped onions, chopped green chilies, peanuts, and cashews.
- Fry until the onion becomes light pink.
- Add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, and salt and mix well.
- Roast until tomatoes become soft.
- Add 2-tablespoons water, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the bread pieces and mix well.
- Cover the lid and let it cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Turn off the gas and remove the lid.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with tea in the evening breakfast. You can also decorate it with sev.
Suggestions and Variations to make Bread upma recipe:
- For a change, you can add vegetables like green peas and capsicum to step-5.
- To make it more or less spicy add green chilies as per your taste.
- Taste: Salty, soft, and mildly pungent
- Serving methods: Serve bread upma at breakfast or anytime with tea. It is also served for dinner in many South Indian homes.