Arhar dal khichdi recipe: A delicious recipe made with arhar dal. In winter, definitely enjoy hot arhar dal khichdi on a plate.
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Homemade tomato ketchup recipe
- Gajar matar khichdi recipe
- Mushroom tikka masala recipe
- Chicken donut recipe
- Egg chapati recipe
- Chicken potato kebab recipe
- Soya pulao recipe
- Thai chicken fried rice recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Ingredients need to make the arhar dal khichdi recipe
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 1/2 cup toovar dal/tur dal
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin
- A pinch asafoetida
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- Salt to taste
Method of making arhar dal khichdi recipe
- Wash and wash the rice and lentils, and soak them in water for at least 1/2 hour.
- Put the rice mixture in a sieve and drain the water.
- Heat ghee in a heavy-bottomed pan and add cumin and asafoetida.
- When the seeds crackle, add the rice and dal mixture, and fry on high flame till the mixture mixes well and the excess water dries up. Add coriander powder and salt and mix well.
- Add 2 1/4 cups water and cover and let it come to a boil. Reduce the flame and simmer for 10 minutes, till then the khichdi will be cooked and ready to serve.
- Note: You can make it spicy by adding some more ground spices like garam masala and chili powder.
- The lentils used may vary according to the taste.
Key Ingredients: Basmati Rice, Tovar Dal/Arhar Dal, Ghee, Cumin, Asafoetida, Coriander Powder, Salt