Aloo methi recipe: With the onset of cold weather, green fenugreek starts appearing in the market. Methi potatoes become very tasty, when fenugreek vegetable is being prepared, then the smell spreads far and fenugreek, green leafy vegetables are nutritious too.
Let us start making Fenugreek Potato Recipe.
Necessary ingredients need to make aloo methi recipe
- Potatoes – 4 (medium-sized) (400 grams)
- Fenugreek – 1 bunch (250 grams)
- Cumin – tsp
- Asafoetida – 1-2 pinch
- Coriander Powder – tsp
- Green chili – 2 (finely chopped)
- Salt – more than tsp or as per taste
- Red chili powder – 2-3 pinch
- Garam masala – less than tsp
- Mustard oil – 1-2 tbsp
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Paneer stuffed bhatura recipe
- Raw banana cutlets
- Crown fried chicken recipe
- Kaju katli recipe
- Biryani gravy recipe
- Schezwan fried rice recipe
- Bread upma recipe
- Vegetable stew recipe
Health tips to get fit: Fitness tips
Method of making aloo methi recipe
- Clean the fenugreek stems by breaking them. Wash the leaves twice or thrice with clean water and keep them in a sieve, so that the water drains out from the leaves.
- Finely chop the fenugreek seeds. Peel the potatoes and keep them.
- Put oil in a pan and heat it. Put asafoetida and cumin seeds in hot oil, after roasting cumin add turmeric powder, coriander powder, and green chilies.
- Slow down the gas and cut the potatoes into 1/2 -3/4 inch thick pieces and put them directly in the masala.
- Mix it till the spices coat the potatoes. Add half the salt and mix. Add 2 spoons of water to it, mix it and cover it and let it cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Open the potatoes and stir, the potatoes are half cooked. Add fenugreek, remaining salt, and red chili powder to it and mix the vegetable well by stirring it with a spoon. Add 1 spoon of water to the vegetable and let it cook covered on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Open the vegetable and check it and stir the vegetable with a spoon. If the potatoes are hard then cover the vegetable and cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Methi potato curry is ready. Take out the fenugreek potato curry in a bowl. Serve and eat with hot parathas or chapatis.
- Cut the potatoes immediately. If you want to cut it beforehand, then keep it by putting it in water, otherwise, it turns black.
- Keep stirring the vegetable in between so that the vegetable does not burn on the bottom.