Karwari chicken curry recipe: Named after the city of Karwar, this chicken curry is inspired by the coastal flavor of coconut. The chicken is marinated in a paste of red chillies, coriander and garlic and later cooked in spicy and aromatic spices.
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- For how many people: 4
Ingredients need to make karwari chicken curry recipe
- 1 kg Chicken Fresh Coconut (grated)
- 2 big onions , cut into pieces
- 1 tsp ajwain
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 10 black pepper
- 10 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 inch cinnamon nutmeg
- 15 dried red chilies (Bedgi variety, if available)
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 10 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 Onions , cut into pieces
Here are some delicious veg recipes:
- Aloo cheela recipe
- Tikri mutton curry recipe
- Masala cheese toast recipe
- Homemade bun maska recipe
- Royyala vepudu recipe
- Hyderabadi paneer aloo kulcha recipe
- Paneer popcorn recipe
- Bread medu vada recipe
- Molten chocolate mug cake recipe
- Healthy anjeer milk recipe
- Chicken cheese sandwich recipe
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Method of making karwari chicken curry recipe
- Fry chilies, coriander and garlic in a little oil for 2 minutes and grind them finely when they cool down.
- Apply this paste on the chicken and marinate for at least half an hour.
- In the same pan, fry the coconut and onion in a little oil till they turn light brown.
- Roast the rest of the spices lightly, till their aroma comes, cool to room temperature and grind them finely along with the roasted coconut and onions.
- Heat oil in a vessel, add finely chopped onions and fry till transparent.
- Add marinated chicken and fry for 5 minutes till oil leaves.
- Now add the grated coconut-onion paste and fry for 3-4 minutes until the chicken, coconut onion masala and spices come together.
- Add 1 liter water, salt, cover and cook on low flame till the chicken is cooked.
- The consistency of this gravy can be made according to your choice.
Key Ingredients: chicken, fresh coconut (grated), onion, carom seeds, poppy seeds, black peppercorns, cloves, bay leaves, 1 inch cinnamon, small piece of nutmeg, 15 dried red chilies (bland variety, if available), coriander seeds , garlic buds, oil, onion
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..