Black mutton curry recipe: This curry hails from the state of Maharashtra and is a regional favorite, it is called – Black Mutton Curry. The curry gets its name for its black/dark brown colored gravy which is made without using any turmeric or red chili powder.
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Ingredients need to make black mutton curry recipe
- 500 gms mutton pieces
- 4-5 medium onions
- 4-5 medium coconut pieces
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 cup green coriander
- 2-4 green chilies
- 4 tbsp hung curd
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
Here are some delicious veg recipes:
- Soya thandai recipe
- Chicken nihari recipe
- Chicken Nizami recipe
- Kulcha sandwich recipe
- Chicken hot dog recipe
- Bun parotta recipe
- Veg paneer korma recipe
- Dalgona candy recipe
- Makhani Maggi recipe
- Chocolate sauce recipe
- Hariyali murgh masala recipe
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Method of making black mutton curry recipe
- Take mutton pieces in a bowl and add the green paste made by mixing ginger garlic, curd, and green coriander, and chilies in it.
- Let it marinate in the green paste for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- Take a whole onion and coconut pieces and fry them lightly on the gas stove.
- Keep an eye on the coconut and onions, making sure they are lightly charred but not completely black.
- Grind it into a paste with minimal or no oil.
- In a pressure cooker, add the marinated mutton and let it cook on high flame for 6-8 minutes first. Keep stirring at this point.
- When the fat of the mutton reduces a little, then add the black paste to it and stir it some more.
- Add salt as per your choice and a cup of hot water. Let it come on low flame for 4 whistles.
- Boil for 5 more minutes and switch off the flame.
- Once the steam comes out naturally, open the cooker and enjoy the curry hot.
Key Ingredients: Mutton pieces, Onion, Coconut pieces, Ginger-garlic paste, Coriander leaves, Green chilies, Hung curd, Garam masala, Salt
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..