Homemade chicken nihari recipe: Chicken nihari is a stew made of succulent chicken pieces that are cooked to perfection with aromatic spices, curd, and simmered.
- Total Time: 40 Minutes
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Ingredients of homemade chicken nihari recipe
- 500 gms chicken
- 1/2 cup curd
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/2 inch cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp saunf
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3-4 green cardamoms
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 3-4 green chilies
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
Here are some delicious veg recipes:
- Paneer ghotala recipe
- Paneer tacos recipe
- Mumbai style chicken Frankie recipe
- Mutton 65 recipe
- Bun parotta recipe
- Naan sandwich recipe
- Masala poached egg recipe
- Chicken mayo sandwich recipe
- Murgh musallam recipe
- Dhebra recipe
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Method of making homemade chicken nihari recipe
For the nihari masala
- Roast all the whole spices like cardamom, cinnamon, cumin, and fennel.
- Once done, add ground spices like red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Grind them together and sieve them.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan, add onion, and fry till it becomes transparent.
- Add chicken pieces, nihari masala, green chili, and ginger-garlic paste to the pan.
- Mix everything well and cook on high flame for about 3-4 minutes.
- The next step is to add 1 cup of water, cover the lid and cook the chicken again for about 10-15 minutes or till the chicken changes color on low-medium flame.
- Meanwhile, roast wheat flour in another pan for 5-6 minutes and then take it out.
- Meanwhile, roast wheat flour in another pan for 5-6 minutes and then take it out in a bowl. Make a smooth paste by mixing water in a bowl.
- The last step is to add curd and wheat flour paste to the chicken curry vessel, wait, and cook till the chicken absorbs all the flavor.
- Your Homemade Chicken Nihari is ready to taste! Serve it with khamiri roti or naan and enjoy!
Key Ingredients: Chicken, Curd, Ghee, Cinnamon stick, Saunf, Cumin, Green cardamom, Black cardamom, Kashmiri red chili powder, Salt, Turmeric powder, Onion, Green chili, Ginger-garlic paste
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..