Poha cutlets recipe: A fried bread cutlet or patties recipe made from mashed potatoes with poha. It is a perfect party starter or kid’s snack recipe and can be easily extended as patties for burgers or sandwich recipes.
The simple vegetable cutlet recipe has many variations and can be prepared with bread, corn, mixed vegetables, and paneer. In this recipe post, poha is used as the main ingredient which is then fried till golden crisp. It can be a great appetizer for your next potluck and can also be extended into burger patties.
I have posted many cutlet recipes till now but poha cutlet has become my new favorite recipe. There are 2 main reasons for this.
Firstly, poha cutlet is the easiest recipe to prepare as compared to others. This is mainly because of the moisture-absorbing feature of poha, which helps in shaping the cutlets, and more importantly, it does not break while frying.
Secondly, it is a healthy and nutrient-rich snack as compared to other vegetable cutlets. As the name suggests, Vegetable Poha Cutlets consist of Poha and vegetables, a combination of carbs and proteins. And thus making it a perfect balanced kids snack recipe.
Though it can be prepared easily without much hassle, still some tips and recommendations for the perfect crispy veg poha patties recipe.
Firstly, clean the poha to remove any impurities if any. Make sure to fry the cutlets on medium flame, otherwise, the cutlets will not be cooked from inside.
Lastly, you are more than welcome to add vegetables like onion, corn, capsicum to make the cutlet more healthy and tasty.
Ingredients need to make poha cutlets recipe
- 1 cup poha
- 3 potatoes (boiled)
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 2-3 green chilies
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp green coriander finely chopped
- Oil for frying
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Sweet kheer Kadam recipe at home
- A healthy vegetable stew recipe
- Orange Sandesh recipe
- Shahi paneer kheer recipe
- Choco chip banana cake recipe
- Rajbhog recipe as like a sweet shop
- Paneer lababdar recipe make at home
- A delicious honey cauliflower recipe at home
- Bengali sweet patishapta recipe
- Crispy fried vegetable recipe
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Method of making poha cutlets recipe
- Wash and soak the poha for 10 minutes, then drain it in a sieve to remove all its water.
- Roast the peanuts and crush them.
- Now mash the boiled potatoes in it.
- Add green chili, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, green coriander, chaat masala, crushed peanuts, and soaked poha, and mix well.
- Make round balls of this mixture
- Heat oil in a kadhai put tikkis in hot oil, and fry till golden brown, in the same way, fry all the tikkis.
- Serve hot tikkis with green chutney or sauce
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..