Paneer lababdar recipe: This is a popular north Indian gravy recipe made with paneer in a creamy and rich tomato and onion gravy. It is mainly served with roti or naan and cumin rice. This recipe is similar to Paneer Butter Masala.
North Indian curries or gravies are known for their richness and creaminess. It is usually made with a mixture of vegetables and paneer and cooked in a cashew-based tomato-onion base.
As I mentioned earlier this recipe for paneer lababdar is very similar to paneer butter masala or paneer makhani recipe. In fact, Paneer Makhani is very easy and can be made instantly. The lababdar recipe is complex and requires boiling tomatoes and spices in water, turning them into a flavored tomato puree.
Basically, it adds a lot of flavor and aroma to the puree which is eventually added to the curry base. The butter masala recipe is straightforward and involves sautéed onions and tomatoes which are eventually blended into a fine paste.
Paneer Lababdar can be overwhelming for beginners, so I would like to give some tips and advice.
First of all, this recipe is a 2 step process. The first step is to prepare the base and the second to add spices to the paneer cubes. You can make the base in advance and deep freeze it to use as needed.
Second, I have used fresh homemade paneer cubes for this recipe which is moist and soft. You can use store-bought cheese, but make sure it is fresh and moist before buying it.
Eventually, the gravy will thicken once it cools. So before serving, add water and heat to adjust the consistency.
Finally, I request you to check my other paneer recipe recipes collection with this post of paneer lababdar recipe. It includes dishes like Matar Paneer, Palak Paneer, Paneer Kolhapuri, Malai Kofta, Paneer Bhurji, Mirch Paneer, and Palak Kofta. Also, check out my other related and popular recipes collection like,
- Preparation Time: 10 MINUTES
- Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME: 40 MINUTES
- How many people: 3 servings
- Course: Curry
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Keywords: Paneer Lababdar Recipe
Ingredients need to make Paneer lababdar recipe
- 1 cup water
- 2 tomatoes (cubed)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1-inch ginger
- 2 pods cardamom
- 4 cloves
- 15 cashew nuts
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 bay leaf / bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 chili (slit)
- 1 tsp kasoori methi / dry fenugreek leaves
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 15 cubes paneer/cottage cheese
- 2 tbsp Paneer / Cottage Cheese (grated)
- 2 tbsp cream/malai
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
Here are some delicious veg recipes:
- Masala puri recipe
- Matar mushroom sabji recipe
- Delicious Paal poli recipe
- Mughlai chicken maharani recipe at home
- Chicken bukhara recipe at home
- Paneer kadhi recipe
- Chili cheese dhokla recipe at home as sweets
- Mutton dalcha recipe at home
- Healthy avocado chocolate mousse recipe vegan
- Easy chilli parotta recipe at home
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Method of making Paneer lababdar
- Firstly, in a large pot take 1 cup water, 2 tomatoes, 2 cloves garlic, and 1-inch ginger.
- Also add 2 pods cardamom, 4 cloves, 15 cashews, and ½ tsp salt.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and mushy.
- Let the mixture cool completely and blend the puree into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Now heat 2 tsp butter and 2 tsp oil in a large pan.
- Add 1 bay leaf, 1-inch cinnamon, 1 chili, and 1 tsp kasoori methi and saute till it becomes fragrant.
- furthermore, add 1 onion and saute till the onion shrinks.
- On low flame, add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chili powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, and ½ tsp cumin powder. Sauté till the spices are fragrant.
- Add the prepared tomato puree and mix well.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. Cook till the oil comes out from the masala paste.
- Add 1 cup water, ¼ tsp salt, and mix well. Adjust consistency as needed.
- furthermore, add 15 cubes of paneer and 2 tbsp grated paneer. Mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the cheese absorb the flavor.
- Switch off the flame and add 2 tbsp cream. Mix until the cream is well combined.
- Additionally, add ¼ tsp garam masala and 2 tbsp coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Finally, enjoy paneer lababdar with roti/chapati.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..