Paneer korma recipe: A classic Mughlai recipe made with rich and creamy sauce along with paneer cubes. The gravy sauce is made by mixing thick curd and dry spices along with almonds and cashews. It is ideally served as a side dish to roti but can also be served as a gravy for rice-based dishes such as jeera rice or pulao.
Korma recipes are very popular within the Indian diaspora and can be made with a wide variety of ingredients. It usually consists of a combination of spices with cashew and almond paste along with a topping of yogurt and coconut.
To be honest, I am not a big fan of the paneer korma recipe and I find it overrated, maybe just because it is made with paneer. In fact, I personally like Vegetable Kurma and I enjoy it as a side dish for breakfast and also for day-to-day dinners.
Having said that, paneer korma is my husband’s favorite paneer recipe. Whenever it is his turn to make dinner curry, Paneer Kurma is his default option. But generally, he limits the recipe with paneer cubes and experimented with adding other vegetables to it. while the traditional paneer korma is made with just paneer cubes but is definitely a good option to incorporate vegetable combinations in this recipe.
The recipe for Paneer Korma is simple without any complications yet I would like to give some tips and advice while preparing.
Firstly, paneer is made in korma with a medium to mild spice gravy, hinting at sweetness. That’s why I recommend checking and being careful while adding green chilies to it.
Second, I have not added coconut milk in this recipe but adding it makes it more flavourful and adds a nice texture to the recipe.
Lastly, the gravy for korma is usually white in color but it can be made red in color by adding red chili powder. I personally prefer green chilies over red chilies but it totally depends on personal preference.
- Preparation Time: 10 MINUTES
- Cooking Time: 30 MINUTES
- Total Time: 40 MINUTES
- How many people: 4 servings
- Course: Curry
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Keywords: Paneer Korma Recipe
Ingredients need to make Paneer korma recipe
For the Spice Paste:
- ½ cup coconut (grated)
- 10 almonds (blanched)
- 5 cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- ½ cup water
- 3 tsp oil
- 14 cubes paneer/cottage cheese
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1-inch cinnamon
- 2 pods cardamom
- 1 bay leaf/bay leaf
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- 3 cloves
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 chili (slit)
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp mint / mint
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp curd (whisked)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp paneer / cottage cheese (grated)
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
Here are some delicious veg recipes:
- Masala puri recipe
- Matar mushroom sabji recipe
- Delicious Paal poli recipe
- Mughlai chicken maharani recipe at home
- Chicken bukhara recipe at home
- Paneer kadhi recipe
- Paneer lababdar recipe make at home
- Mutton dalcha recipe at home
- Healthy avocado chocolate mousse recipe vegan
- Easy chilli parotta recipe at home
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Method of making Paneer korma recipe
- Firstly, in a mixer take ½ cup coconut, 10 almonds, 5 cashews, and 2 tbsp poppy seeds.
- Add ½ cup of water and blend to a smooth paste. Masala paste is ready, keep aside.
- Heat 3 tsp oil in a large Kadai and roast 14 cubes paneer.
- Roast till the paneer turns golden, keep aside.
- Add 1 tsp cumin, 1-inch cinnamon, 2 pods cardamom, 3 cloves, 1 bay leaf, and 1 tsp kasoori methi to the remaining oil.
- Saute till the spices become fragrant.
- Further add 1 onion, 1 chili, and 1 tsp ginger garlic paste. Saute till the onion turns golden brown.
- Keeping the flame on low, ¼ add tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chili powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, and ¼ tsp cumin powder.
- Add 2 tbsp mint, saute till the spices are fragrant.
- Furthermore, add 1 cup tomato puree and saute till oil releases.
- Then, add the prepared coconut masala paste.
- Furthermore, add 2 tbsp curd and mix well.
- Saute well till the spice paste thickens and the raw smell disappears.
- further add 1 cup water, 1 tsp salt and mix well adjusting the consistency.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes or till the curry is well cooked.
- Now add fried paneer, 2 tbsp grated paneer, and mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 2 minutes, or until the cheese absorbs the flavor.
- Furthermore, add 2 tbsp coriander and ¼ tsp garam masala. Mix well.
- Finally, enjoy paneer korma with roti or naan.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..