Paneer capsicum recipe: A simple and creamy North Indian dish, gravy is made mainly with paneer and capsicum. This is an easy and quick paneer curry that is ideal to serve with roti and chapati. There are 2 variants of this recipe, i.e. one dry and one with gravy and this recipe is related to the latter one.
North Indian cuisine is synonymous with rich and creamy paneer-based curries or gravies. There are innumerable variations within paneer curry that are varied with spices and vegetables. One such simple and easy curry are Paneer Capsicum Curry Masala, for day-to-day lunch and dinner.
I get a lot of requests for lots of fancy and popular paneer curries. But I am disappointed that I did not get any requests for this simple and easy paneer capsicum recipe. Maybe that’s because it lies between premium and affordable North Indian curries. There is a belief that a considerable amount of effort is required for the preparation of Paneer and Chilli Gravy. But with this post, I want to clear the confusion once for all. This is an easy, less fancy, and most economical paneer curry recipe. Trust me this is one of those curries that you can easily prepare on a day-to-day basis. Yet you will not feel sluggish and distasteful.
Furthermore, I would like to give some easy tips and advice for the paneer capsicum recipe.
Firstly, I would recommend using soft and moist, preferably homemade paneer for this recipe. You can use store-bought cheese, but make sure it is fresh and moist before buying it.
Second, this recipe can be easily enhanced with vegetables of choice in the same curry base. Perhaps, you can add green peas, broccoli, carrots, beans, and even potatoes.
Finally, the same recipe can be made without the gravy masala as the dry version. It can be controlled by limiting tomato and onion-based sauces. I will release this version in near future.
- Preparation Time: 10 MINUTES
- Cooking Time: 30 MINUTES
- Total Time: 40 MINUTES
- How many people: 4 servings
- Course: Curry
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Keyword: Paneer Capsicum Recipe
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Sweet kheer Kadam recipe at home
- Matar mushroom sabji recipe
- Homemade chocolate recipe
- Delicious mushroom thoran recipe
- Bengali style chorchori recipe at home
- Sugar free dry fruit ladoo recipe
- Paneer lababdar recipe make at home
- A delicious honey cauliflower recipe at home
- Bengali sweet patishapta recipe
- Masala kachori recipe at home
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Ingredients need to make paneer capsicum recipe
For the spice mixture:
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp saunf
- 1 tbsp butter
- 15 cube cheese
- 10 cube capsicum
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 pods cardamom
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp mint (chopped)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 4 tbsp coriander leaves (chopped)
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¾ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp curd (whisk)
- 2 tbsp cashew paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp cream
- ¼ tsp garam masala
Method of making paneer capsicum recipe
- Firstly, in a large Kadai heat 1 tbsp butter and roast 15 cubes of paneer in it.
- Roast till the cheese turns golden brown. Keep aside.
- In the same butter, fry 10 cubes of capsicum on medium flame.
- After the blisters appear on the capsicum, keep it aside.
- Furthermore, add 1 tsp cumin, 1 bay leaf, 1-inch cinnamon, 4 cloves, 3 pods cardamom, and 1 tsp kasoori methi.
- Fry till the spices are fragrant.
- Furthermore, add 1 onion and fry it till it turns golden brown.
- Additionally add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 2 tbsp mint, 2 tbsp coriander leaves, and fry well.
- Prepare the spice mixture by dry roasting ½ tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander seeds, ½ tsp black pepper, and ½ tsp fennel.
- Blend to a coarse powder.
- Transfer spice mixture with ¼ tsp turmeric, ¾ tsp chili powder, and ¾ tsp salt.
- Fry till the spices become fragrant.
- Now add 1 tomato and fry them till they become soft and pulpy.
- Furthermore, add 2 tbsp curd and 2 tbsp cashew paste.
- To prepare cashew paste, soak 5 cashews in 2 tbsp warm water for 15 minutes and blend into a smooth paste.
- Mix until the oil leaves the masala paste.
- Add 1 cup of water and adjust the consistency.
- Now add fried paneer and capsicum, mix gently.
- Furthermore, add cream and give a good mix.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the paneer has absorbed the masala.
- Further, add ¼ tsp garam masala and 2 tbsp coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Finally, serve paneer capsicum curry with roti/naan.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..