Mutton dalcha recipe: A mutton curry very popular in Hyderabad, which is made with mutton, chana dal and spices.
- How many people: 6
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients need to make mutton dalcha recipe
- 300 grams chana dal
- 250 grams lamb
- 1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 2 green cardamom powder
- 2 medium sized onions, chopped and fried
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 3 tbsp oil (peanut/olive oil)
- Salt to taste
Here are some delicious veg recipes:
- Masala puri recipe
- Matar mushroom sabji recipe
- Delicious idli tikka recipe at home
- Mughlai chicken maharani recipe at home
- Chicken bukhara recipe at home
- Ilish biryani recipe | Hilsa biryani
- Chili cheese dhokla recipe at home as sweets
- Healthy bake yogurt recipe
- Healthy avocado chocolate mousse recipe vegan
- Healthy sofiyani biryani recipe at home
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Method of making mutton dalcha recipe
- Wash the lentils several times with water. Let it soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Add a pinch of turmeric, a pinch of sugar (omit it if you do not like it) and cook for three whistles. Keep it aside after it cools down.
- Clean the lamb. Do not wash in water, use a damp towel to clean. Then dry it.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add chopped onion, fry till it turns brown, add ginger, followed by garlic, green chilies and then mutton.
- Stir continuously till the mutton turns brown and oil separates.
- Add remaining turmeric powder, chili powder and coriander powder. Stir for another 2 minutes.
- Add a cup of water or enough water to cover the mutton and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- After cooling, add lentils, fried onions, cinnamon and cardamom powder, lemon juice and salt.
- Cook on low flame for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Chana dal, Lamb, Ginger, Garlic cloves, Green chili, Cinnamon, Green cardamom powder, 2 medium sized onions, chopped and fried, Onion, Lemon juice, Coriander powder, Red chili powder, Turmeric powder, Oil (peanut / olive oil), salt
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..