Mushroom thoran recipe is a type of vegetable in which vegetables are cooked with coconut and spices. This vegetable is served with their meals in Kerala. In Mushroom Thoran, finely chopped mushrooms are cooked with spices and coconut. It is easy to make and is also considered good for health. After cooking with coconut, the tempering of mustard seeds and curry leaves is given.
Serve Mushroom Thoran along with Mixed Vegetable Sambar, Rice, and Ghee for a weekday meal.
If You Like This Recipe, You Can Also Make This
- Course: Lunch
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Equipment Used: Hard Anodised Kadai (Wok)
- Prep in: 10 M
- Cooks in: 30 M
- Total in: 40 M
- Makes:: 4 Servings
Ingredients need to make Mushroom thoran recipe
- 20 Button Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Coconut, grated
- 4 small onions
- 2 green chilies
- 5 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin
For the tempering
- 1 tsp Rai
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 sprig curry leaves
- 2 dry red chilies
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Sweet kheer Kadam recipe at home
- Matar mushroom sabji recipe
- Kalakand recipe
- Delicious Sandesh recipe
- Bengali style chorchori recipe at home
- Sugar free dry fruit ladoo recipe
- Paneer lababdar recipe make at home
- Kabab paratha recipe
- Bengali sweet patishapta recipe
- Homemade motichoor laddu recipe
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Method of making mushroom thoran
- To make Mushroom thoran, first, prepare the sari ingredients.
- Grind the ingredients mentioned in the paste in a mixer grinder with 1/3 cup of water and make a paste.
- Now heat oil in a pan and put mustard seeds in it.
- After 10 seconds add the tempering sari ingredients to it.
- Mix and after 10 seconds add finely chopped mushrooms, turmeric powder, and mix.
- Cook till the mushrooms are soft.
- After it becomes soft, add coconut and cook for the next 5 to 8 minutes.
- After that turn off the gas and serve hot.
- Serve Mushroom Thoran along with Mixed Vegetable Sambar, Rice, and Ghee for a weekday meal.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..