Bread malai roll recipe: It is an easy and quick Indian dessert made with milk solids and bread rolls. Basically an easier version of the popular Bengali Malai Roll with milk solids and milk rabri. This recipe can easily be served as a dessert to your surprise guest as it takes only few minutes to prepare as compared to the traditional recipe.
Bengali sweets or desserts are known for their creamy and rich flavor that it has to offer. Having said that, traditional Bengali sweets can be time-consuming or overwhelming for a novice cook. But the quick cheat recipe and bread malai roll recipe made with bread is one such recipe that fulfills the zeal of a traditional recipe.
Bread Malai Roll Recipe
I have always been a huge fan of instant recipes, be it a quick snack or easy dessert recipes. The dishes in particular made with leftover sandwich bread are my personal favorite.
Basically, recipes made with bread are not only easy and quick, but they also solve the problem of eliminating leftovers. I personally like the traditional Bengali Malai Roll. It is moist, soft, rich and creamier than malai bread rolls.
Yet compared to the hassle and recipe steps involved in a traditional recipe, the bread substitute is a boon in disguise. I make this especially when I have to offer my guest some sweets quickly and finish the meal on a high note.
Furthermore some easy and important tips, suggestions and variations for a creamy bread malai roll recipe.
Firstly, I would recommend using white sandwich bread slices for this recipe. Avoid using whole wheat bread or multigrain bread or any other form of bread as it may not give the same results.
Secondly, start dipping the bread rolls in the rabri sauce only when it is required. Do not make it in advance as the bread roll absorbs all the liquid and can make it wet and chewy.
Finally, you can choose any dried fruit as the topping for this recipe. I personally like the combination of paneer and cashew, but this one is open ended.
- Preparation Time:5 MINUTES
- Cooking Time:15 MINUTES
- How many people: 4 rolls
- Course: Dessert
- Keyword:bread cream roll recipe
Ingredients need to make bread malai roll recipe
For Mawa Paste:
- 1 tsp butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp cream/malai
- ½ cup milk powder
Cream Milk (Rabri):
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 4 slices bread
- 5 cashews, chopped
- 5 almonds, chopped
- 2 tbsp saffron milk
- 4 cherries
Here are some delicious veg recipes:
- Cham cham recipe Bazar style
- Crunchy samosa recipe
- Roti pizza recipe at home
- Mughlai chicken maharani recipe at home
- Vegetable special pancake recipe or rice cheela recipe
- Ilish biryani recipe | Hilsa biryani
- Roasted potato wedges recipe
- Schezwan fried rice recipe restaurant-style at home
- Mexican Cuisine Taco Recipe
- Chicken handi recipe restaurant-style at home
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Method of making bread malai roll recipe
Preparation of Mawa Paste:
- Firstly, in a tawa heat 1 tsp butter with cup milk and 2 tbsp cream.
- Shake and mix well.
- Now add cup milk powder and stir well.
- Break up the lumps making sure the mixture is a smooth consistency.
- Mawa paste thickens and becomes creamy. Keep aside.
Preparation of cream milk:
- Firstly, in a large skillet add 1 cup milk and cup cream.
- Stir well and simmer for 2-3 minutes or till the milk thickens.
- Now add cup sugar and stir well till the sugar dissolves.
- Add tsp cardamom powder and mix well. Creamy milk is ready.
Preparation of Bread Malai Roll:
- Firstly, take bread slices and roll thin trimmings from the edges.
- Spread one tablespoon mawa paste evenly.
- Top with 2 Tbsp nuts (cashews and almonds).
- Cut in half and tighten.
- Place the Roli Malai Bread in a deep serving plate.
- Slowly add the prepared cream milk to it.
- Garnish with saffron milk and cherries.
- finally, refrigerate for 30 minutes and the bread malai roll is ready to be served.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..