Bengali style chorchori recipe: Chakh Le Academy brings to you a vegetarian Bengali dish prepared by Aditya Bal, which you can serve with any kind of dish at any time. Bengali Chourchodi is a kind of dish made with spices and fresh vegetables, which is healthy to eat.
- For how many people: 3
- Preparation Time: 05 Minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 Minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
Ingredients for making chorchori
- 4 tbsp mustard oil
- 4-5 garlic pods
- 2 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 2 green chilies
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp panch phoron
- 1 cup potatoes
- 4 (small-sized, halved, or quartered) eggplants
- 1 cup pumpkin, chopped
- 1 cup Cauliflower, chopped
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp coriander powder
- A pinch of sugar
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- 1 (chopped in the middle) green chili
- Coriander leaves (for garnishing)
Here are some delicious recipes:
- Sweet kheer Kadam recipe at home
- Matar mushroom sabji recipe
- Kalakand recipe
- Delicious Sandesh recipe
- Chicken bukhara recipe at home
- Sugar free dry fruit ladoo recipe
- Paneer lababdar recipe make at home
- Kabab paratha recipe
- Bengali sweet patishapta recipe
- Homemade motichoor laddu recipe
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Method of making bengali chorchori
- Heat the mustard seeds to remove the bitterness.
- When the oil starts heating and starts releasing smoke (it will take about five to seven minutes for this to happen), grind garlic, ginger, and two green chilies with seven salts in a mixer.
- Now come back to the hot oil.
- Add bay leaf, panch phoran and prepared ginger-garlic paste and mix it (rai, cumin, fenugreek, fennel, and fennel seeds are mixed in panch phoran).
- First of all, add potatoes and fry them on low flame.
- When you feel that the potatoes are half cooked, then add cauliflower to it.
- This is the best time to add salt.
- Add salt to the dish as per taste. Mix well.
- Now increase the flame slightly and add water.
- Cover the pan and cook the dish in steam for about three to four minutes.
- When you feel that the potatoes are completely cooked, then add turmeric powder, coriander powder, and cumin powder to it.
- Now increase the flame and add pumpkin and brinjal to it. Add some salt again.
- Also, add a green chili cut from the middle.
- Mix well. Add some water again and cover the pan for about five minutes.
- Leave the vegetables to steam.
- After five minutes, mix the vegetables and mash them lightly.
- Cook again for four to five minutes.
- When the vegetables are completely cooked, then put the chorchori in the bowl.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve the dish.
Key Ingredients: Mustard oil, Garlic pods, Ginger, Green chili, Bay leaves, Panch phoran, Potato, Brinjal, Pumpkin, Cauliflower, Salt, Sugar, Turmeric, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, Green chili, Green coriander
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..