Spicy buttermilk recipe: It is basically a spicy and healthy yogurt-based drink that is usually served during high heat to bring down the body temperature and give a soothing effect. It is usually served after lunch or dinner as it helps in digestion and reduces the heat of the spice.
Chaas, traditionally, is thin white water obtained after churning butter with curd. Later it is spiced with mint, coriander leaves, ginger, and asafoetida before serving. However, these days, the milk is processed and all the cream is extracted before it is distributed, so chaas is prepared by diluting the curd.
I drink chaas with a pinch of salt and asafoetida after my meal. Though my husband makes this spicy, minty flavored chaas now and then, I absolutely adore it. He tries to mix and match with some ingredients, but I have used an exhaustive list of ingredients for Masala Chaas, also called ‘Chhach’ in Hindi.
Apart from this, he also tried to churn homemade curd with a hand blender to prepare the chaas but was unsuccessful. Since then he dropped that idea and sticks to just blending yogurt.
Furthermore, I would like to give some important tips and advice for a complete and delicious spicy buttermilk recipe.
Firstly, I have added lemon juice to introduce the sour taste and balance the spice level in this recipe. If your curd is already sour in taste then you can skip it.
Second, I have added cumin seed seasoning to give this drink a smoky flavor. However, it is optional and if you do not do it then you can skip it completely.
Lastly, I would recommend using an earthen pot to store the chaas as it helps it stay cool.
Spicy buttermilk recipe
- Preparation Time:5 MINUTES
- Cooking Time: 5 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME:10 MINUTES
- How many people: 2 servings
- Course: Beveridge
- Cuisine: Indian
- Keywords: buttermilk recipe
Here are some delicious veg recipes:
- Easy to make veg Frankie recipe
- Delicious vegetable uthappam recipe
- Soojie snacks recipe
- Whipped cream recipe
- Mushroom fried rice
- Veg Mughlai paratha recipe
- Bel Sharbat Recipe
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Ingredients need to make Spicy Buttermilk
- 10 mint leaves/mint
- 1 green chili
- Few coriander leaves
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 cup curd (thick)
- Generous pinch asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- One tsp cumin powder (roasted)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 10 cubes ice
- 1 tbsp ghee
- tsp cumin
- few curry leaves/curry leaves
Method of making Spicy Buttermilk
- Firstly, take mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, and ginger in a blender.
- Also, add 1 cup thick curd.
- additionally add a generous pinch of asafoetida, roasted cumin powder, and salt.
- Add lemon juice also. If the curd is sour, skip the lemon.
- Also, add 1 cup of water.
- and blend into the frothy mixture.
- Transfer butter to a large jug.
- Add ice cubes too.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tempering by heating the ghee.
- Next, add cumin and curry leaves.
- Put it on the chaas.
- And mix well with a large spoon.
- Lastly, pour the masala chaas in a glass or matcha and serve it cold.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..