Mutton Rogan Josh Recipe: A traditional Kashmiri dish brought by the Mughals. This is a delicious dish made from mutton. This dish is red in appearance which is due to the spices in it. This mutton dish is liked in every corner of the country. Rogan josh is a very good dish, which is included in the menu of any party, the party’s brilliance increases.
How to make Mutton Rogan Josh: Whole spices and curd are used extensively in Kashmiri cuisine. Similarly, in Rogan Josh, mutton pieces are prepared by cooking them in traditional and local spices.
How to serve Mutton Rogan Josh: This is one of the favorite dish of non-veg eaters, which you can serve with roti, naan or rice.
Mutton Rogan Josh, also known as Rohan Josh. In this aromatic mutton recipe, rogan means fat or fat, while josh means intensity, passion. Josh Rogan means cooking in hot oil for a long time. It is a traditional dish of Kashmir, which originated from the Persians.
Mutton Rogan Josh
Which the Mughals had taken to Kashmir. In the plains of India, it used to be very hot or it used to be. To get relief from this heat, the Mughals used to spend the summer in Kashmir, the high place of India. At such a time, a feast was arranged for them on the day.
Rogan josh is famous from the time of Mughals, at that time any feast was incomplete without this dish. This tradition continues even today in Kashmir, it is the main dish in the ‘Wajwan’ feast held there.
Wajwan is a series of many dishes. It is considered to be the identity and pride of Kashmir culture, presenting which is no less than an art. In the group of 36 dishes, about 30 dishes are made of meat and chicken. It is famous throughout Kashmir, which is considered to be a special hospitality there.
Apart from Kashmir, it is also served in big restaurants and hotels of India. Wajwan is also organized internationally in different countries during the ‘Kashmir Food Festival’ or any meeting. In Kashmiri language, Vaz means cook or process of cooking and Van means shop.
The preparation of this royal banquet is done overnight in front of a big, good cook. Then it is served the next day, in a big copper plate. Earlier 36 types of dishes were served, but now it has reached 40.
- For how many people: 4
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- Difficulty: Medium
Ingredients need to make Mutton Rogan Josh
- (boneless piece and ribs) 1 kg lamb
- 20 grams turmeric
- 75 grams ginger-garlic paste:
- 10 grams cardamom
- 5 grams bay leaves
- 200 gm kashmiri red chili paste
- 250 grams Pran (a kind of local onion)
- 75 grams fennel seeds
- 25 grams dry ginger powder
- 40 grams green cardamom powder
- 100 grams curd
- 100 grams ghee
- maval flower (for color)
Method of making Mutton Rogan Josh
- Clean and cut the prawns and fry them. When it cools down, grind it in a mixer.
- Make a paste. Beat the curd.
- Boil the mutton pieces in turmeric, ginger-garlic paste, cardamom and bay leaves.
- Now take the lamb out of the water and set it aside.
- Put mawal flower in water
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add onions and fry the cherubs for three minutes.
- After this add the prepared water (ie the stock) in it.
- Also add all the rest of the ingredients.
- Keep in mind that you do not have to put meat in it yet.
- Boil the mixture for 20 minutes on high flame.
- Now add meat to it. Add only seven maval extract.
- Cook for five minutes. Serve hot.
Here are some delicious veg recipes:
- Easy to make veg Frankie recipe
- Mayonnaise sandwich recipe
- Oats porridge recipe
- Potato tomato curry recipe
- Mushroom fried rice
- Ilish biryani recipe | Hilsa biryani
- Mutton beliram recipe
- Fried chicken livers recipe
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Tips to make mutton rogan josh
- Test it once before serving to others, add some more garam masala if needed.
- Hot spices have a main place in this curry.
- Mutton is important in mutton rogan josh, if the mutton is not good then the taste of the dish will also decrease.
- Therefore, choose mutton carefully, take such mutton which has a lot of fat.
- Its curry is thin, in which the oil part is seen separately.
- If you are afraid of using standing hot spices that if they come in the mouth and spoil the taste, then you can grind it and put it immediately.
- There is a lot of difference between home garam masala and market garam masala.
- Apart from this, there is another way, you put these spices in hot oil, and then take them out after frying.
- After this tie it in a clean muslin cloth. You put this garam masala bundle back while making the curry.
- This garam masala bundle will keep giving the same taste and aroma to the gravy.
- You can use this method while making any other vegetable, gravy or biryani.
Key Ingredients: turmeric, ginger-garlic paste, cardamom, bay leaf, Kashmiri red chili paste: prana (a kind of local onion), fennel seeds, dry ginger powder, green cardamom powder, curd, ghee, maval flower
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..