Mexican coffee recipe is a perfect blend of strong, freshly brewed coffee, chocolate, and cinnamon. We added whipped cream for a bed breakfast or a Sunday afternoon. It’s like a perfect marriage between hot chocolate and coffee, making it a delicious hot drink in the end.
You will love the delicious flavors and spices if you are a fan of coffee, cinnamon, and chocolate. Cinnamon is cooked right there with the coffee grounds and gives the coffee a delicious and spicy taste without adding the texture of the spice to the finished drink.
This coffee is easy to make and does not require any additional skill or finesse. You just need a coffee pot and a small spatula. Serve it along with other chocolate or cinnamon treats like snickerdoodles, chocolate cake, or tres leches. Or enjoy a brunch next to bacon and eggs.
When we lived in Mexico last year our breakfast included a huge amount of urine of what was called “Mexican Coffee”. After noticing that all day, I think it was just regular coffee, I saw a plaque next to it that explained the origin of this. piloncillo (black, unrefined Mexican sugar) almonds, and vanilla. There was also a small Tequila. When I got home after that trip I tried to make my own coffee (except for Teila) so I could have a happy breakfast.
I like to use Mexican chocolate (a type often sold on round discs) with low almonds and cinnamon on it. I use the one I email via the website “Seasons of My Heart” but I have a Chocolate Mexican made from Taza chocolates sold at a local grocery store add a thick whipped cream doll to get more touches. You can put the rest in the fridge to serve on the ice. Used in demitasse cups this makes a great dessert (and a touch of Tequila is allowed).
Mexican coffee recipe Variety
- You can make this coffee a boozy cocktail by adding 2 ounces of Kahlua and 2 ounces of tequila to the finished mixture.
- Can add more chocolate or leave it altogether if you wish.
- So, you can add more spice by sprinkling a small amount of cayenne pepper in half.
- You can enjoy it too iced! Allow the mixture to cool completely and pour it over the ice. Apply the whipped cream on top or leave it out.
Mexican coffee recipe tips
- Brew the coffee strong or weak depending on your taste. We like to drink it on the strong side so that milk and other ingredients do not diminish the taste of coffee.
- You can use any type of coffee pot you want. You can use a French press, a percolator, or a regular coffee pot. If you have only one brew you can just add a cinnamon stick or 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon to the cup and allow the hot coffee to drink more.
Does the Mexican coffee recipe have caffeine?
Mexican coffee, when made with caffeinated coffee, has as much caffeine as a regular coffee drink like a latte. You can use decaffeinated coffee to make this drink – note that decaf still has a small amount of caffeine.
Here are some coffee recipes:
- Make easy coffee at home for breakfast
- Easy to make lemon and black coffee for weight loss
- Dalgona coffee recipe
Some breakfast recipes:
A health tip: Drink jeera water for weight loss
Mexican coffee recipe
- 50 gms freshly ground coffee
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- 3 tablespoons ginger
- 200 ml milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 25 grams chocolate grated
- Mix the coffee with 1 1/2 tsp cardamom powder and ginger. Add 1 liter of water to it.
- Heat the milk and add sugar to it, allow it to dissolve completely.
- Add hot coffee with milk to it.
- Mix together the whipped cream and 1/2 tsp cardamom powder.
- Pour it over a spoonful of coffee.
- Pour grated chocolate over it and serve.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..