Masala khichdi recipe: Rice and lentils are cooked with Indian spices in ghee and cooked in a cooker to make nutritious masala khichdi. The cooker has been used to cook this Indian recipe, although you can also make it in the pan it takes longer. You can easily make it at home and serve it in the afternoon or dinner with curd, salad, and papad.
Masala khichdi recipe: Simple and spicy rice and rice (raw gram or moong beans) is a dish made for breakfast and dinner. The typical kitchen recipe is spotless, unpalatable, slightly flavorful, and is given to children and adults with digestive problems.
The Kitchen recipe has always been the cooked food or queen of India in all meals and perhaps the most common food in all Indian families. Being more common adds flexibility and variety to these changing diets that change with each region. The Masala khichdi or vegetarian khichdi recipe is another such recipe with a strong connection to the cooking of pulav or pulao.
Perhaps the name of the recipe presents it as a complex kitchen recipe, but instead, it is much easier to prepare. all recipes are eliminated within a single pressure cooker which not only simplifies the steps but also speeds up the process.
In addition, I have prepared a masala khichdi recipe similar to pulao or a spicy pilaf recipe with spices and dried vegetables. But one can play with their ingenuity and easily extend this kitchen vegetable recipe by choosing vegetables for sure. And with spices, I added dry spices such as cardamom, cinnamon, peppers, and cloves over spice powders that make it delicious and touch the lips.
Some simple tips, recommendations, and suggestions for giving this spicy masala khichdi recipe.
First, in this recipe, I used sona masuri rice or maybe any other rice that can be used daily. But I do not recommend using basmati or any long-grain rice that can be easily mashed.
Second, all the dry spices added to this moong dal masala khichdi contain a lot of heat so check your red/green peppers while adding. Lastly, if you are serving a kitchen when it is cool, be sure to add water so that there is a water consistency.
Basically, as time goes on, the khichdi acquires a great consistency due to the moong dal and the flavor of the spice can be concentrated.
Here are some delicious recipe:
- Easy to make simple khichdi recipe
- Chana dal khichdi recipe
- Sabudana khichdi recipe
- Delicious moong dal recipe
- Palak moong dal recipe
A health tip: 12 BEST HOME REMEDIES FOR ACIDITY AND GETS EASY RELIEF
Masala khichdi recipe
Method of making Masala khichdi recipe
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 tablespoons moong dal
- 2 tbsp toor dal
- 1 medium-size onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinnamon cut into 2 pieces
- 1 small piece of bay leaves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1/2 Anasaphal
- 1 dry red chili cut into 2 pieces
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt as per taste
Method of making Masala khichdi recipe
- Wash rice, moong dal, and tur dal together and soak them in water for 20 minutes.
- Drain out excess water and keep them aside and use them when needed.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a steel/aluminum (3-4 liter) pressure cooker. Add mustard and let it splutter.
- Add cumin, cloves, cinnamon, bay leaves, black peppercorns, asphalt, dry red chilies, and peanuts and fry for a minute.
- Add chopped onions and fry them till they turn light brown. It will take around 1-2 minutes.
- Add soaked rice, tur dal, moong dal, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt and fry for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well and close the cooker lid and cook for 3 whistles (first whistle on high heat and the remaining 2 seats on medium heat) until it starts ringing.
- Turn off the gas. When all the pressure goes out on its own, then open the lid of the cooker.
- It will take about 6-8 minutes.
- Take out the masala khichdi in a serving bowl and serve it with curd, raita, and papad.
- If the quantity of your khichdi is small, then use a 2-3 liter pressure cooker and cook the khichdi on a low flame.
- To change the taste, you can add chopped potatoes and any vegetable of your choice to the khichdi.
- Ghee has been used to add aroma to this recipe, however, you can also use oil or butter instead of ghee.
Methods of serving: Serve nutritious masala khichdi with Punjabi kadhi or Gujarati kadhi, papad, and salad for dinner. It looks very tasty with pickles and yogurt.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..