Mango Pie Recipe: It is a very tasty dessert, it also takes very little time to make. All big and small will like this dessert.
CAUSES OF MANGO PIE
Let me tell you why we ended up making mangoes. In tropical countries like Indonesia, mangoes are usually found during the summer to mid-fall months.
All the way close to home there are many people selling mangoes. What about your country? What is the fruit season in your country these months?
There are many types of mangoes. My favorite mango is Arumanis. Arumanis mango is one of the most popular mangoes in Indonesia. The Arumanis mango is also known as “Harumanis”. In Indonesia, the word “harum” means “sweet” and “manis” means “sweet”.
Many Indonesians prefer Arumanis mango to buy because of the aroma and flavor. The price is also very expensive compared to other mango species.
I want a different dish of mango and my sister suggested she make a mango pie so we could share the recipe with you.
This is the first time we make pies at home, we usually eat pies at a restaurant or cafe. We used a pie crust from Chef John and we dare say it’s ridiculous.
In this recipe we make Arumanis pie and mango, but you can use any mango as you like with any variety found in your country.
But please use mango without strings. The delicious mango will make an unpleasant texture to fill. Well, because of the sweetness of Arumanis we did not add much sugar to it.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SUCCEED:
- Use apple cider vinegar in the pie crust. I am a little skeptical about using this type of vinegar because it smells bad. But after baking, we do not taste any apple cider vinegar. Vinegar acid prevents proteins from forming that will make the pie crust firm and unbreakable.
- If you are using a very sweet mango, do not add too much sugar.
- You can use several types of mangoes so the taste is complex. But make sure you do not use mango with strings.
- You can add any spices you like. But we do not use any spices because we like pure mango to complement the flavor.
Hello, as always, if you are making a recipe be sure to share it in the comments or tag our Instagram! Fun cooking. 🙂
Here are some delicious mango recipes:
- Mango souffle recipe
- Delicious mango faluda recipe
- Healthy mango coconut smoothie recipe
- Easy to make mango pickle recipe
- Raw mango mint chutney recipe
- Eggless mango muffin recipe
- Sour-sweet mango papad recipe
- Mango cheesecake recipe
A health tip: Health benefits of eating mango in summer
Mango pie recipe
Ingredients need to make mango pie
- 1 kg Wrapped mangoes
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- A little salt
- 340 g flour
- 225 g Cold butter
- 7 tbsp Ice Water
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Salt
Method of making Mango pie
- In a food processor mix the flour and cold butter and beat several times to mix. Do not overdo it.
- Add ice water, apple cider vinegar, and salt and whisk several times. The mixture is perfect if when you press another fake dough with your fingers, it mixes.
- Turn the dough into a ball and wrap it in plastic. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Add 3/4 square mango and a pinch of salt to the pan. Cook for 15 minutes until plenty of water. Hold for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes combine all the mango, sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl.
Add the Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the baking sheet on a rack.
- Divide the pie dough into 2 balls, keeping 1 in the fridge. Throughout the frying pan, roll out the dough with a rolling pin into a 12-inch circle, about 1/8 inch in size.
- Carefully place the 9-inch pie plate. Gently press the pie dough down to load the sides and sides of the pie plate.
- Fill a plate of the pie by filling the mango.
- Take the last dough out of the fridge. Throughout the frying pan, roll out the dough with a rolling pin into a 12-inch circle, about 1/8 inch in size. Cut the length with a pizza cutter about 1 inch wide. Make about 9-10 long dough.
- Make a pie crust to fill the mango. (Please watch the tutorial video)
- Cut out the excess dough with kitchen stocks or a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour for 15 minutes on a baking sheet.
- When you are done baking, cool the pie at room temperature.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..