Ilish biryani recipe or Hilsa biryani: Biryani is prepared in many ways. It is your choice whether you want to make it with chicken or with meat. But today we will tell you the recipe of fish biryani, in which pieces of fish cooked with rice, which is a great option for your dinner party.
- For how many people: 2
- Cooking time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- Difficulty: Medium
Here are some delicious veg recipes:
- Easy to make veg Frankie recipe
- Mayonnaise sandwich recipe
- Oats porridge recipe
- Potato tomato curry recipe
- Mushroom fried rice
- Veg Mughlai paratha recipe
- Bel Sharbat Recipe
- Fried chicken livers recipe
A health tip: 7 best things to have for a healthy breakfast
Ingredients need to make Ilish biryani recipe or Hilsa biryani
- 1/2 kg fish pieces (cut into inch thick pieces)
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 cup Onion (grated)
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- One tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 turmeric powder
- 1-1/2 salt
- 1/4 cup hung curd (shortly hung in a muslin cloth)
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- Green chilies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp biryani masala
- 1/3 cup Roasted Onions
- 2 cups rice (cleaned with water)
- 2 tsp oil
- 4 cloves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1/4 piece cinnamon
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk (mixed with saffron or color)
Method of making Ilish biryani recipe or Hilsa biryani
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, cumin, and ginger-garlic paste and fry it. Fry on high flame for four minutes. Then add garam masala, coriander powder, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt, and curd.
- Cover the pan about 70 percent. Cover and cook it like this for eight to 10 minutes. Stir the mixture once in between.
- Then add fish to it. Cook without covering on high flame for four minutes. After this, add fried onions, coriander, green chilies, and biryani masala to it. Cook for a minute.
To prepare rice:
- Add cloves, cinnamon, black peppercorns, and cardamom to the oil. Cover and cook on high flame for two minutes. Then add rice, water, and salt to it.
- Mix well and cook on high flame for eight minutes.
- Cook about 70 percent of the rice like this for eight minutes.
- First put a layer of fish. Add rice on top. Add rice milk mixture to it from above.
- Let the mixture cook for about five minutes. Mix well and serve.
Key Ingredients: Ilish Fish or Hilsa fish pieces (cut into 1 inch thick pieces), Oil, Onion (grated), Ginger paste, Garlic paste, Cumin, Garam masala, Coriander powder, Chili powder, Turmeric powder, Salt, Hung curd (hanging for a short time in a muslin cloth), Coriander leaves, Green chilies, Biryani masala, Roasted onions, Rice (cleaned with water), Oil, Cloves, Black peppercorns, Cinnamon, Green cardamom, Salt, warm water, lukewarm milk (mixed with saffron or color)
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..