Cashew curry recipe: Cashew curry is a popular Punjabi vegetable that is perfect for festivals like Diwali, Holi, etc. And for special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries. The roasted cashew nuts are cooked in creamy and spicy gravy made of tomatoes, onions, and spices and the taste of this gravy is similar to the gravy of Paneer Butter Masala vegetable.
Beetroot has been used to add a restaurant-like color to it and kasoori methi and cinnamon have been added to taste. Following this simple recipe, learn how to make cashew spice vegetables at home.
Basically, Kaju nuts or fried cashews are served in a spicy cream sauce with a tomato and onion base. It is usually served as a large dish in northern India thali or roti/chapati or paratha’s cuisine.
Cashew curry recipe
Perhaps one of the most popular recipes is Punjabi or a northern recipe for Indian cuisine creamy curry with all age groups. The combination of fried cashew nuts and spicy sauces is simply striking lips. It is usually served with naan or roti butter at restaurants, but can also be enjoyed with puri, chapati, or butter.
Cashew nut masala curry recipe My favorite recipe for curry or sabzi after paneer-based curries. It took me a long time to post this recipe, but I really hadn’t forgotten about it. Even today, whenever I go to my hometown I never miss a chance to visit the famous woodlands hotel in Udupi famous for its spicy Kaju masala recipe. the one you find in most restaurants is a dry version, but I made it into a very creamy and sauce. I love it that way, but it’s perfect for just one taste.
In addition to some important tips and suggestions for the perfect recipe and the delicious aroma of Cashew curry recipe
First of all, I highly recommend full use and without any spray and cutting cashew or kaju. Otherwise the kaju’s can melt to a smaller size.
Second, bake the cashew’s on low heat before adding it to the curry. if not, you may not have a nutty experience while serving.
Lastly, I added a full cream in this recipe that is completely selective and safely ignored.
Here are some easy recipes:
A health tip: 10 powerful ways to motivate yourself
Cashew curry recipe
Ingredients need to make Cashew curry
- 1 cup cashews pieces or whole
- 1 large onion chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 large tomatoes chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 inch long cinnamon stick
- 1-2 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 inch long piece of ginger sliced
- 1 Green Chili chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated beetroot optional (to get dark red color)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin-coriander powder optional
- A pinch of turmeric powder optional
- 1/2 cup milk or water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp kasoori methi dried fenugreek leaves, optional
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander to garnish
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
Method of making Cashew curry
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in a pan. Add cashews to it.
- Roast them on medium flame till they turn light brown in color, it will take about 6-7 minutes.
- Stir continuously with a spoon to fry them evenly and keep them from burning. Take them out on a plate.
- Heat 2-tsp oil in the same pan on medium heat. Add a piece of cinnamon, chopped onion, garlic, ginger, and green chili.
- Fry the onion till it turns light pink in color. Switch off the gas and let the mixture cool down for a while.
- While the mixture is cooling, we make cashew and tomato puree.
- Add 2 tablespoons (about 6-8 cashews) of roasted cashews to a small jar of mixie. Grind them until they are finely powdered.
- Put the chopped tomatoes in the same jar.
- Make puree. Take out the cashew-tomato puree in a small bowl.
- Add roasted onion mixture to the same mixer jar.
- Make a smooth paste of the grind in a grinder.
- 1-tablespoon oil in the same pan (if you are not using a non-stick pan, then use 2-tablespoon oil to prevent the gravy from sticking).
- Add onion paste and grated beetroot.
- Fry until the oil starts separating (for about 3 minutes).
- Add cashew-tomato puree, red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder, turmeric powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix well and fry till the oil starts separating. It will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Add roasted cashews. Mix well and let it cook for a minute.
- Add 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup water.
- Mix well and cover it and let it cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove the lid and let the mixture cook until it thickens.
- Add kasoori methi and chopped coriander.
- Mix well and turn off the gas.
- Cashew curry is ready to be served.
Suggestions and Variations of Cashew curry recipe
- The cashew spice curry made with this recipe has a mild tart taste. Add more red chili powder to make it spicier.
- Add a pinch of cardamom powder to get a restaurant-like taste.
- For change add step-14 roasted capsicum or roasted green beans with cashew nuts in step-14.
How to Serve: Serve cashew masala curry with garlic naan or Punjabi kulcha and lassi for lunch or dinner.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..