Sooji snacks recipe: It is a simple and interesting spicy snack recipe made with semolina and dried spices. It is an excellent tea-time snack recipe known for its spicy taste and its twist and roll-like shape. This snack can also be served with rice and curries like sambar, dal, rasam.
Chopped snack recipes are definitely made in many Indian homes. Typically, this recipe is made with either tea or coffee or to eat with friends and family. One such crispy and delicious recipe is the twister semolina snack which is quite famous for its shape and crispy taste.
I love crispy snacks and sometimes I make them more and store them in airtight containers. My husband likes to eat these snacks with a cup of tea after he finishes his office work.
Apart from this, they like to eat different types of snacks, so I keep looking for many different recipes to store and store together. Just now someone at the local grocery store told me about simple semolina snacks.
At first, I was quite surprised by its size and crispness, but I was more surprised when I saw the list of its contents. I was thinking that I would need some machine or tool to make it, but it is made with just one fork/spoon. So this is a very easy recipe for many people.
Now I would like to give some tips and advice for making great semolina snacks. I have used fine semolina so that it can be made in a good and desired shape. So, you can make this recipe with other types of semolina like Bombay or Bansi Rava.
Try to keep its size small and do not roll more than 2 layers. If it has more than 3 layers then it will not ripen from inside and can remain raw. Keep them in airtight containers to keep them safe for a long time. When you deep fry, keep the flame on low and fry them little by little.
Sooji snacks recipe
Preparation Time: 10 MINUTES
Cooking Time: 15 MINUTES
RESTING TIME: 20 MINUTES
Total Time: 45 MINUTES
For how many people: 1 box
Cooking: North Indian, South Indian
Keyword: Sooji snacks recipe
Ingredients need to make Sooji snacks recipe
- 1½ cups Rava / semolina, finely
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- Half, ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Oil for frying
Method of making Sooji snacks recipe
- First of all, take 1½ rava in a big bowl. Keep in mind that the rava is fine.
- Now add ½ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp chili flakes, ½ tsp chaat masala, 1 tsp kasoori methi, ½ tsp salt, and 2 tbsp. oil.
- Now mix it well and make sure the dough is moist.
- Start kneading by adding ½ cup of water as per need.
- Knead smooth and soft dough by adding water according to need.
- Now put this dough in one teaspoon of oil and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Now knead this dough again and see that the semolina has soaked the water well and the dough is soft.
- pinch a small ball-sized dough and roll to cylindrical. Now break small dough from it and roll it into a cylindrical shape.
- Now press the barbed spoon lightly from the back and roll it into a coil shape.
- Now deep fry it on medium heat in hot oil.
- Keep stirring it from time to time and fry it evenly from all sides.
- Fry it till the semolina snack is golden and crispy.
- Finally, enjoy a semolina snack with hot tea or reserve in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..