Sev recipe – crispy and classic Indian sev recipe
Sev recipe: Sev made from gram flour is as tough as noodles. Usually, it is easily available in the market but you can easily make it at home as well. It is mostly used in making Indian chaat and snacks like Chavanu, Poha Chivda.
You can serve it with any dessert or for breakfast alone. In this recipe, sev is made with the help of a macaroni machine. You can make different thicknesses sev by using different mesh. So let’s learn how to make sev with the help of this recipe today.
- Pre-Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- For how many people: 6
Necessary ingredients need to make Sev recipe:
- 2 cups gram flour
- 1/3 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 pinch hinge
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp hot oil (for kneading the dough)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons water
- Salt, as per taste
- Oil (for frying)
Method of making Sev recipe
- Sieve the gram flour in a large bowl.
- Add black pepper powder, asafoetida, red chili powder, turmeric powder, 1 tsp of hot oil, and salt, and mix well.
- Add a small amount of water (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons) and knead a soft dough.
- Taste the dough. If you feel less salt then add some more salt.
- Apply a mesh with the thinnest hole in the macaroni machine and apply oil to the inner surface of the machine.
- Fill the machine with the prepared dough and close the lid tightly.
- Heat oil in a frying pan for frying on medium heat.
- Place the machine 5-6 inches above the pan and press the handle and drop the sev into the oil.
- While dropping the save, spin the machine round the embroidery (just like jalebi is made, but here we are making big jalebi).
- Stir the sev on medium flame from both sides and fry until light golden in color, this will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Take it out of the oil and take it on a plate.
- Make the rest of the remaining flour according to the procedure given above.
- Allow it to cool for 10-15 minutes and then break the sev into pieces and fill it in an airtight box.
- It is good for about 2 weeks.
Suggestions and Variations of making Sev recipe:
- You can increase the number of red chilies according to your taste.
- Putting spinach and mint puree at the time of kneading the dough will create spinach mint.
- To improve the taste of sev, add powdered garlic and boiled potatoes while kneading the dough.
- You can use the same amount of rice flour or both gram flour and rice flour instead of gram flour for some further changes.
Taste: Namkeen, slightly spicy and crispy
Methods of serving: You can put chaat, bhel, Dahi vada, khaman dhokla, sev khamni, panipuri, poha, etc. on them to make it even more delicious. Apart from this, you can also use Sev to make Indian Chavanu, Poha Chivda, and Sew Tomato vegetable.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..