Sev puri recipe: Sev is one of the popular chaats of the entire India and it is very easy to make. Boiled potatoes, boiled moong, onion, green chutney, dates tamarind chutney are put on the papadis (curry little puri) and the top is sprinkled. Follow this step-by-step recipe and see how you can easily make sev poori at home.
Method of preparation for Sev Puri recipe
- Pre-Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Ingredients need to make sev puri recipe
- 16 Chaat Puri (Papdi)
- 2/3 cup boiled and chopped potatoes
- 1/4 cup boiled moong, optional
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons date tamarind chutney
- 4 tablespoons green chutney
- 1/2 tsp or Chaat Masala Powder as per taste
- 1/2 cup nylon sev
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander
Method of making sev puri recipe
- Prepare green chutney and dates tamarind chutney as per their recipe in advance.
- Boil the potatoes and moong till they become soft in salted water.
- Keep all the required ingredients ready before making the chaat.
- Take two plates and place 8- papadi on each plate.
- Put 1/2 tablespoon chopped potatoes and about 1-tsp moong on top of each papdi.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon onion and 1/2 tablespoon tomatoes on top of each one.
- Pour 1-tsp dates of tamarind on each papdi.
- Pour 4 tsp green chutney over each papdi.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup sev and chaat masala powder on top of each plate.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Sev Puri Chaat is ready to be served. Serve it immediately.
- Make it to serve, otherwise, the papdi will be soft within a few minutes due to chutneys and potatoes.
Suggestions and Variations for making sev puri recipe
- For a change, add boiled gram (black gram) instead of boiled moong.
- To make it spicier add yogurt and garlic chutney.
- For a change, add finely chopped green raw mangoes.
- Make more or less chutney as per your taste.
Taste: Sour, slightly sweet, salty, and mildly spicy
How to Serve: Serve Bata Bata Puri in the evening for breakfast. You can also serve it at the birthday party of children. Prepare all the ingredients beforehand and then place them in separate bowls. At the time of serving, add chutney and other ingredients as per your liking and serve.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..