Masala papad recipe: It is caramel and low-calorie roasted papad made by garnishing with chopped tomatoes, onions, coriander leaves, followed by chaat masala, mango powder (dry mango powder), and red chili seasoning.
Masala Papad is an instant and easy-to-make appetizer served as a side dish in an evening snack or with drinks. Roasted papads are used to reduce the calories in this masala papad recipe but you can also use fried papads for a Punjabi restaurant-like taste. We bet with you that you will feel like eating more of this delicious papad, so make them in large quantities.
Masala papad recipe: A simple Indian food recipe made with deep-fried papad and with boiling condiment. It is probably one of the most popular recipes or recipes ordered from many Indian restaurants before a meal. The dishes can vary and can have a variety of vegetables, spices, and snacks and this post tries to cover the 4 most popular ways to make masala papadums.
Papad is one of the most sought-after spices in many foods, but it doesn’t get the value it deserves. Although many must complete the meal, it is served in a thali plate corner without much importance. Perhaps, it is thought that it is not just a favorite meal.
So I plan to make it very interesting with the masala papad recipe in 4 different ways. At first, I wanted to post a basic or old recipe for masala papad with a video. However, he later decided to have a variety of it as no rocket science has that basic one.
Plus, you’re probably already enjoying as much as a million times now and perhaps craving something different. So I came up with 3 different ones. The first is a variant of the server with chaat chatni and condiments loaded over the masala papad. The second variation is chip-cooked chips with a topping of tomato sauce.
This is very similar to the variety of nachos and potato chips. The last variation is the pizza variety where the papad is full of cheese and pizza toppings. This is my personal favorite as it disturbs my street food and pizza cravings. Let me know your favorite by sending me an email or Facebook message.
In addition, I would also like to add some tips, suggestions, and variations to masala papadums made
First, try using large papad for the size of this recipe. avoid using smaller sizes as they may not carry all of your input.
Secondly, I highly recommend using urad dal papad for this recipe. usually, the urad dal-based papad does not have the strong smell of lentils and makes it suitable for various types of papad masala.
Lastly, if you are planning a party at any time, do not plan this in advance because it may arise. you can prepare with all the inputs and start assembling them whenever you need them.
Here are some more snacks recipes:
- Easy to make potato cutlet recipe
- Tea time semolina snacks recipe
- Paneer Frankie recipe
- Healthy spinach noodles recipe
- Vegetable Maggi noodles recipe
- Chicken Maggi recipe
- Sev puri recipe
A health tip: A few healthy lunch ideas for weight loss
Masala papad recipe
Ingredients need to make masala papad
- 2 raw urad papad such as lijjat papad
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 small onion or 1/4 cup finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder or 1/4 lemon
- Salt to taste
Method of making masala papad
- With the help of a tong, roast the papad directly over the gas.
- Keep the gas on medium flame to prevent it from burning.
- To cook it on an electric stove, follow the instructions below.
- To bake in the microwave; Place it in the oven, bake it for 30 seconds, flip it over and bake it again for 30 seconds.
- You can also use fried papad or roasted papad in less oil.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds. (Tip: Keep the seeds in the fridge and use them to make vegetables.)
- Finely chop tomatoes and onions.
- Place both the papads on separate plates and sprinkle the chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, and coriander leaves. (See the suggestions below for changes.)
- Sprinkle a pinch of red chili powder, chaat masala powder, mango powder, and salt on each papad.
- Masala papad is ready to be served.
- Serve immediately to make it crisp and crispy.
- Due to tomato and onion, it will become wet and soft in a few minutes, so sprinkle all the ingredients at the time of serving.
How to Roast Papad on Electric Stove (Without Oil):
- Place a mesh on a medium flame over the stove.
- It will heat up within about 1 minute to bake the papad. Place a raw papad on it.
- After a few seconds, turn it over with tongs.
- Roast it while turning it on both the sides till it gets cooked well.
- For variation, add grated carrot, finely chopped raw mango, and green chilies.
- You can change the number of ingredients to get the taste you want.
- To prevent the masala papad from becoming soft and wet before serving, add all the ingredients to it at the time of serving.
- We have used roasted papads to make this appetizer low-calorie.
- However, you can also deep fry them to make them taste like Punjabi restaurants.
- In this recipe, we have used the Lijjat brand Papad.
- They are found in different flavors like garlic, cumin, plain, black pepper, etc.
- You can use any flavor or brand of papad as per availability.
Ways to Serve: Serve before eating it as an appetizer. It can also be served alone as breakfast.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..