Malai kulfi recipe: To make Malai Kulfi, add cornflour and milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside. Heat the milk and the condensed milk in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame till it comes to a boil. This may take about 8 to 10 minutes.
Keep stirring the milk occasionally so that the milk does not stick to the bottom pan. Boil the milk on low heat for 60 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add cornflour mixture and cardamom powder, mix well and cook it on low heat for 12 minutes or till it thickens.
Turn off the heat and let it cool completely. Put this mixture in an equal amount of 4 aluminum Kulfi molds. Keep in the freezer overnight or until set and then serve.
Being a frozen dessert, Kulfi is technically ice cream but is unique in itself with the royal taste and unique texture of condensed milk. Of all the types of Kulfi, this traditional eggless Indian Malai Kulfi is with an extra rich and intense flavor.
Homemade malai kulfi is exceptionally tasty and creamy, attributed to full-grown milk that has been cooked on a slow flame until it has an extremely seductive texture and aroma. The addition of condensed milk makes it even thicker, making it a perfect dessert that your guests will talk about in the coming days.
Cardamom sprinkling makes Malai Kulfi even more attractive with this condensed milk. It gives a luxurious aroma and taste that can tempt anyone.
Tips for Malai kulfi recipe
1. This Kulfi can be made only with full-fat milk. It is also called full cream milk or buffalo milk. This milk contains the right amount of fat and cream.
2. Remember to scrape the edges of the pan so that the milk does not stick there.
3. Stir the cornflour mixture just before pouring, as some cornflour sticks to the bottom.
4. After adding the cornflour mixture you will have to stir frequently as the mixture starts to thicken rapidly.
5. Make sure to keep the freezer clutter-free. If the freezer is almost full, the kulfi may not set well. There is also a possibility that Kulfi may contain icicles.
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 42 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 12 minutes 6 for Kulfi
Ingredients need to make Malai kulfi recipe
- 4 cup flower fat milk
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
Method of making Malai kulfi recipe
- To make Malai Kulfi, add cornflour and milk in a bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the milk and the condensed milk in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame till it comes to a boil.
- This may take about 9 to 10 minutes.
- Keep stirring the milk occasionally so that the milk does not stick to the bottom pan.
- Boil the milk on low heat for 40 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add cornflour mixture and cardamom powder, mix it well and cook it on low heat for 12 minutes or till it thickens.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Put this mixture in the same quantity in 6 aluminum ice-cream molds.
- Keep in the freezer overnight or until set and then serve.
Nutrient Price Per Kulfi
- Energy 206 calories
- Protein 6.9 grams
- Carbohydrate 20.4 grams
- Fiber 0 grams
- Fat 9 grams
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 49.7 mg
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..