Easy palak recipes – dal palak recipe makes at home
Palak recipes: Dal Palak is a nutritious lentil made from protein-rich mixed lentils and fiber-rich spinach. If you want to make something new every day’s food, then make this dal because it is very easy to make and make it the same as other pulses. For this good green color, both ground spinach and chopped spinach have been added. So come, let us learn to make dal spinach today.
Method of preparation of Dal Palak
- Pre-Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Ingredients need to make dal palak recipes
- 1/4 cup Chana dal
- 1/4 cup toor dal (arhar dal)
- 1/4 cup moong dal
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of hing
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 Green Chillies, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 tablespoon ghee (or butter)
- 1 butter cube, for garnishing
Method of making dal palak recipes
- Wash all the pulses with water and soak them together in water for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the excess water from the lentils and boil them in a 3-5 liter capacity pressure cooker on medium heat with 1½ cups of water and salt until they are 3-seats.
- Turn off the gas. When the pressure of the cooker is over, remove the lid, it will take about 7-8 minutes.
- Open the lid and mix the lentils with a spoon.
- Clean and chop the spinach and wash it. Make a puree by grinding 1½ cups of spinach in a grinder.
- If needed, make a puree by adding 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Heat oil and ghee together in a pan on medium heat. (Ghee is poured for good aroma).
- Add cumin and asafoetida. When the cumin seeds turn golden, add chopped onions and fry them till they turn light brown in color.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and finely chopped green chilies and fry for 30-40 seconds.
- Add the spinach puree (made in step-3), the remaining 1/2 cup chopped spinach, and salt as per taste.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes while stirring with a spoon.
- Add lemon juice, coriander powder, cooked lentils, and 1/2 cup of water.
- Mix well and let it cook for 6-7 minutes or until the dal becomes thick.
- Taste for salt and add more salt if needed.
- Turn off the gas and drain it in a bowl.
- Garnish it with a cube of butter. Serve the spinach dal with cumin rice or pea casserole.
Suggestions and Variations for making dal palak recipes
- If you are in a hurry, instead of soaking the lentils (in step-1), cook it for a total of 4 whistles (until you have more than 1 whistle).
- In this method, spinach puree is added to bring a nice green color but you can add only chopped spinach or only puree as per your choice.
Taste: Mild Tart
Methods to serve: Serve it at lunch or dinner with cumin rice or any casserole. It can also be served with any stuffed paratha.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..