Delicious vegetable uttapam recipe | Mix veggie uttapam recipe
Uttapam recipe: Uttapam is one of the delicious South Indian delicacies made from the same rice and urad dal solution that is used to make idli and dosa. Unlike other dosa, uttapam is slightly thicker and with a variety of vegetables such as onions, tomatoes, capsicum, carrots, green chilies, corn, etc.
It is made by adding it which makes it more nutritious and tasty. Like idli and dosa recipe, you can prepare rice and urad dal batter well in advance and you can make delicious uttapam in just 20 minutes in the morning breakfast.
The entire process of this uttapam recipe has been taken step by step in the pictures and there are suggestions to make it even more delicious such as add your favorite vegetable or garnish it with grated mozzarella cheese to make it like a pizza.
Method of preparation Uttapam recipe
- Pre-Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- For how many people: 2
Ingredients need to make uttapam recipe:
- 2 cups idli solution or dosa solution (made at home or purchased from the grocery store)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum, optional
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- Oil for baking
- Salt to taste
Method of making uttapam recipe:
- Make the batter at home from the following recipe or buy ready-made batter from the grocery store.
- Add salt (if not added before fermenting the solution) and water (if needed) mix well in the solution.
- The slurry should be slightly thicker than the dosa batter and thinner than the idli batter.
- Heat the iron griddle (dosa tava) or nonstick griddle on medium heat. (For a good golden color we recommend using an iron griddle.)
- Sprinkle a few drops of oil on a hot griddle and spread it with half-sliced potatoes or half-cut small onions.
- This process can easily spread the solution and prevents it from sticking. Repeat this process before making each uttapam.
- When the griddle is ready, pour the batter over it with a spatula, spread it gently in a circular or anti-clockwise direction, and spread it in a circular circle.
- Keep in mind that the diluted solution should be slightly thicker than the dispersed solution of the dosa.
- Sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped onions and 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped capsicum over it.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of finely chopped tomatoes and finely chopped green chilies on it. Gently press the sprinkled vegetables with a spoon.
- Add 1 tsp of oil around the edge.
- Let it cook until the color of the bottom surface becomes slightly golden, it will take an estimated 2-3 minutes.
- If you are making a very thick uttapam, then cook it by covering it with a lid to cook quickly.
- Turn it slowly and allow it to cook on the other side for a minute or until the bottom surface is cooked.
- Take it out on a plate. Repeat the process of step-2 to step-8 to make uttapam from the remaining solution.
- Serve it hot with coconut chutney or tomato onion chutney.
Suggestions and Variations for making uttapam recipe:
- Do not spread the solution too thin, otherwise, the vegetable will not stick to the solution.
- If the solution is kept in the refrigerator, take it out of the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before making it Uttapam.
- To make the onion uttapam, just sprinkle onions and green chilies.
- If you are making uttapam for children, then garnish it with grated or sliced mozzarella cheese to make it look like a tempting pizza.
- Add vegetables as per availability and as per your choice.
- Add chopped carrots, corn, green beans, etc. vegetables to enhance the taste.
Taste: Precipitate from outside and soft from inside
Ways to Serve: It can be served hot in the morning breakfast or in the evening with green coconut chutney and vegetable sambar.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..