Delicious easy to make onion samosa recipe street style
Onion samosa recipe: It is basically a deep-fried snack prepared with homemade pastry sheets and onion stuffing. This is a perfect triangle samosa recipe for kitty parties and even for evening breakfast.
Probably one of the most common crispy samosa recipes readily available in college canteens, railway stations, and even parks. Apart from this, it is also known as Iranian Samosa Recipe / Mini Samosa Recipe / Triangle Samosa Recipe / Samsa Recipe. The reason for this is that it is sold in Iranian tea shops and Iranian cafes.
Initially, I made preparations with a store-bought spring roll sheet. However, later I decided to prepare it with homemade pastry sheets. In addition, the purchased sheets are prepared with cornflour and all-purpose flour. Whereas, I have prepared sheets with wheat and all-purpose flour, which makes it much healthier than a pastry sheet. Alternatively, sheets can also be prepared with just all-purpose flour.
Also, I would like to give some tips and suggestions for a crispy triangle samosa recipe. First of all, do not forget to add hot oil or ghee to the wheat and all-purpose flour before kneading. Adding hot oil makes the samosa crispy and crisp.
Secondly, for the stuffing of samosas, instead of diced chopped onions, add thinly sliced onions and thin poha. Finally, try rolling a long pastry sheet strip while rolling. This will help the samosas to cone shape and can easily wrap and seal it with fine flour paste.
- Preparation Time: 45 MINUTES
- Cooking Time: 10 MINUTES
- Total Time: 55 MINUTES
- For how many people: 8 servings
- Course: Snacks
- Cooking: Indian
- Keyword: Onion Samosa Recipe
Necessary ingredients need to make Onion samosa recipe
For Samosa Strip Sheet:
- ½ cup wheat flour/atta
- ½ cup all-purpose flour / plain flour / all-purpose flour
- A pinch of sugar
- salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons oil, hot
- Water, required for kneading
For Samosa Stuffing:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup thin poha / paper observations / beaten rice
- 1 tsp Kashmiri chili powder
- 4 tsp garam masala
- 4 tsp mango powder
- Salt to taste
- 1-inch ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour / plain flour / all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons water
Method of making Onion samosa recipe
Onion Samosa Stuffing Recipe:
- First, take chopped onions in a large mixing bowl.
- Also, add thin poha / paper avalakki. Equal ratio of sliced onion. Poha helps in absorbing moisture and making the samosas crisp.
- Add chili powder, garam masala, mango powder, and salt to it as well.
- Also, add finely chopped ginger and coriander leaves.
- Squeeze ahead and mix well.
- Finally, the stuffing is ready. Keep aside.
Samosa Strip | Pastry Sheet Recipe:
- First, mix an equal proportion of maida and wheat flour in a large mixing bowl.
- Add a pinch of sugar next. The sugar helps to get the golden brown color while frying.
- Add salt to taste as well.
- Mix with the help of a spoon.
- Next, pour 2 tablespoons of hot oil over the flour. This helps to make the samosas crispy and crisp.
- Crush the dough with the help of your hands. Make sure the oil is well mixed with the flour.
- Also, add water as needed, and start kneading.
- Knead smooth and soft dough like chapati flour.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- Also, take a small ball and dust it with wheat flour.
- Begin to roll as thin as possible with a rolling pin.
- Roll into a rectangle shape.
- Next, cut the edges and reach the sheets of a correct rectangular shape.
- Put the sheet over the hot griddle and fry for just 10 seconds.
- Over frying will make the sheet crisp and break when folding.
- Also, flip and fry on both sides and fry for no more than 10 seconds.
Samosa Folding Recipe:
- First, start turning the samosa sheet into a triangle.
- Fold forward a total of 3 times.
- In addition, a cone is formed.
- Stuff the finished stuffing as much as possible.
- Also, apply the samosa to the ends of the sheet with the help of fine flour paste.
- Fold the sheet to make a triangle as well.
- To avoid oil leaking inside the stuffing, apply flour paste on the tips of the cone.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of flour with 4 tablespoons of water to make an all-purpose paste.
- Also, deep fry in medium-hot oil.
- Also, fry till it turns golden brown from both sides. Be sure to fry on medium hot oil.
- Also, put on a kitchen towel.
- Finally, serve onion samosa with tomato sauce.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..