Delicious Aloo Tikki chaat recipe makes at home
Aloo tikki chaat recipe: Aloo tikki is used for many types of chaats and snacks. This spicy Aloo Tikki Chaat recipe (in the recipe) has boiled chana dal masala stuffed in potato Tikki and made chaat by adding sev, chopped onion, sour-sweet chutney, spicy chutney, and green chutney on top of the stuffed Tikki. Has gone.
How to make Aloo tikki chaat recipe
Pre-Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
For how many people: 4
Ingredients need to make Aloo tikki chaat recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, boiled, peeled, and mashed
- 1 green chili, seeds removed, and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (corn starch or arrowroot powder)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
Ingredients for Stuffing:
- 3 Tablespoon Chana Dal
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
Ingredients to serve:
- 1/4 cup Green Chutney
- 2 tablespoons garlic chutney
- 1/2 cup dates-tamarind chutney
- 1/2 cup save
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup yogurt, whipped
- Red chili powder, to garnish
- Chaat masala powder, for garnishing
Method of making Aloo tikki chaat recipe
- Soak chana dal in water for 2 hours. Remove excess water from it and pour into a small or medium-sized pressure cooker.
- Add salt and 3/4 cup of water and let it cook on medium heat till it is 2 whistles.
- Chana dal should not be cooked much.
- When the pressure of the cooker is over, open its lid.
- To remove excess water from the boiled chana dal, take it out in a sieve.
- Ripe chickpea lentils should not be too soft.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Take boiled chana dal, mango powder, garam masala powder, and red chili powder in a bowl.
- Mix them well. Masala is ready for the stuffing.
- Take mashed potatoes in a large bowl.
- Add chopped green chilies, cornflour, lemon juice, and salt and mix well
- Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions. Give each part a round shape like a ball and press it between your palms to make a 1/3 inch thick patty.
- Put 1-2 tsp of chana dal masala in the center.
- Wrap the spices on all sides and make a circle again. Press it again to make a Tikki.
- Repeat the same process for the remaining parts.
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add 1-2 tbsp of oil to it.
- Place 5-6 tikkis in the pan and let it cook till the bottom surface turns golden brown.
- It will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn them over and add some teaspoon oil around the edge.
- Let it cook until the bottom surface turns golden brown. It will take about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove them to a plate. Bake the remaining tikkis as well.
- Stuffed potato tikkis are ready for chaat.
Method of preparation for Aloo Tikki Chaat:
- Make all the chutneys according to their recipe.
- Add a little water to the garlic sauce and soften it. Take 2-3 potato tikkis on a plate.
- Add 1 tsp green chutney, 2 tsp dates-tamarind chutney, and 1/2 tsp garlic chutney over each Tikki.
- Put onions and sev on top of it. Add 2 tsp of curd to the top.
- Sprinkle red chili powder and chaat masala powder over it.
- Likewise, make all the chaat plates and serve immediately.
Suggestions and Variations for making Aloo Tikki chaat recipe:
- Make chaat only at the time of serving as the sev and Tikki will become soft due to wet chutneys in a few minutes.
- The Tikki should be hot at the time of serving. If the tikkis have cooled down, bake them again in the Tava for 1 minute.
- If cornflour is not available then you can use 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs instead.
- Keep in mind that while cooking the Tikki, the Tawa is hot otherwise it will take longer to become golden brown.
- Taste: Light pungent, sweet, sour, and salty taste
- How to Serve: Serve it as a breakfast in the evening or as a snack at a party.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..