Coconut chutney recipe | How to make Coconut chutney at home
Coconut chutney for idli and dosa
- Pre-Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 2 minutes
- For how many people: 6
Ingredients need to make Coconut chutney recipe
- 1 cup chopped fresh coconut
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 2 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp chana dal, roasted (or lentils)
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice or tamarind paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp rye
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 dry red chili
- 1 tsp oil
- Lemon-ginger chicken breast recipe
- Red raspberry jelly cookies recipe
- Tomato pickle recipe
- Mango pickle recipe
- Quick grilled fruits recipe
- Delicious mango pie recipe
- Noodles spring roll recipe
- Add chopped fresh coconut pieces to the small mixie jar.
- Grind it coarsely and take it out on a plate.
- Add green chilies, roasted chana dal, and ginger.
- Finely grind them.
- Add powdered coconut, curd, lemon juice, salt, and 1/2 cup of water.
- Finely grind them. If necessary, add more water and grind the chutney again. Take it out in a bowl.
- Now heat the oil in a small pan (or Kadai) for tempering.
- Add mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start to crackle, add cumin seeds, dry red chilies, and curry leaves.
- After 10 seconds remove the pan (Kadai) from the gas and immediately add the tempering over the coconut paste and mix well.
- Coconut chutney is ready for idli and dosa.
- Serve it with the dosa of your choice.
Suggestions and Variations for making Coconut chutney recipe
- Add water as required to make the chutney thick or thin.
- If you are making coconut chutney for children, then do not add green chilies at the time of grinding and red chilies at the time of tempering.
- You can keep the chutney in the fridge for 3 days.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..