White gravy recipe | Indian white gravy | How to store white gravy
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 12 minutes
- Total time: 22 minutes
- For 1 cup
Ingredients need to make White gravy
Ingredients for Onion Paste
- 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp cashew pieces
- 1 tbsp watermelon seeds (Charmezz)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp chopped ginger
Other ingredients need for white gravy
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chilies
- 5 tbsp fresh curd
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh cream
- Salt to taste
Now start making the gravy
Method of preparation of onion paste
- Pour all the ingredients in a pan with 3/4 cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Grind in a mixer to make a smooth paste and keep aside.
Method of making white gravy
- To make white gravy, heat oil in a pan, add cardamom, cloves, and bay leaves, and fry on medium heat for a few seconds.
- Add the prepared onion paste and green chilies and fry on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add yogurt, mix well and cook on a slow fire for a few seconds, stirring continuously.
- Turn off the heat, add fresh cream and salt and mix well.
- Use white gravy as required.
White Gravy Storage
- Use this white gravy on the same day to make the dishes of your choice.
- If you want to store it in a deep freezer for a few weeks, make sure you do not add yogurt and cream, as this can spoil the gravy.
- Cool the gravy completely, put it in a food-grade zip lock bag or airtight container, and store it in a deep freezer.
- While making the vegetable from the stored gravy, keep it at room temperature for some time and use it according to the recipe.
- Finally, add fresh cream, mix well and boil on low heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
To make onion paste for white gravy
- To make onion paste for white gravy.
- Take coarsely chopped onions in a pan.
- Instead of roasting and caramelizing, we will boil the onion to retain the color of the final dish.
- Add cashew nuts. Peanuts, almonds, and pine nuts work particularly well if cashews are not available.
- If you are looking for a nut-free solution then increase the number of melon seeds.
- Silken tofu, coconut cream are some other options, but they will definitely affect the texture of the white gravy.
- Add watermelon seeds (Charmugaz).
- Add roughly chopped garlic.
- Add chopped ginger.
- Add 3/4 cup of water.
- To make it rich, add milk at room temperature instead of water and stir continuously.
- Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes or until the onion becomes soft and tender.
- Keep aside to cool and put in a mixer jar.
- Grind and keep aside until a soft paste is formed in the mixer.
- For a smooth smooth white gravy, sieve the onion paste with the help of a sieve.
For making basic white gravy
- Add cloves. These standing spices give the royal white gravy a beautiful aroma and unique taste.
- Add the bay leaves and fry for a few seconds on medium heat.
- If you are making this for children or for a party, wrap the standing spices in a muslin cloth and then add them to the pan.
- Once the gravy is cooked, take out the masala bundle.
- Add the prepared onion paste.
- Add green chili and fry for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- Add more or fewer chilies depending on your taste and choice.
- Add yogurt. The white gravy gets a nice white color by adding curd.
- This thickens the basic white gravy and gives a good mouthful.
- Make sure your curd is not sour otherwise the white gravy will be sour.
- Mix well and cook for a few seconds or until the oil separates from the white creamy gravy by constantly stirring on low heat.
- Turn off the heat, add fresh cream.
- Many people also use Khoya / Mawa to make white gravy. It gives a grainy texture to the white gravy.
- Add salt as per taste.
- Mix well and make white gravy| is ready.
To store white gravy
Use white gravy as required. Use this gravy on the same day to make the recipe of your choice. If you want to store it in a deep freezer for a few weeks, make sure that you avoid adding yogurt and cream as it can spoil when stored. There are some vegetable recipes that you can prepare using this rich white gravy.
Cheese in White Gravy
Cauliflower, fenugreek, and carrots in white gravy
Potato pea korma in white gravy
Cool the gravy completely, put it in a food-grade zip lock bag or airtight container, and store it in the refrigerator.
Use it when making the vegetable using the stored gravy and melt the gravy as per the recipe. Finally, add yogurt and cream, mix well and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
Here are some Chicken and Mutton gravy recipes
Here is a video to make White gravy
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..