Veg spring roll recipe | How to make veg spring roll at home
Veg spring roll recipe: Chinese spring roll has become so popular in India that it is now available in roadside dining and restaurants too! In fact, frozen spring rolls, wedge spring rolls are also readily available in most supermarkets.
While all this cannot beat the effect of making your favorite spring rolls, wedge spring rolls in your own kitchen, perfectly adapted to your taste and enjoyed right from the frying pan! Here, a glut of sautéed veggies and noodles are prepared with a tangy sauce that is packed inside a readymade spring roll wrapper and deep-fried to crisp.
It is always better to cut the spring roll before serving as it helps cool the inside and prevents the sliced veggies from spreading when you cut it. Nothing mixes this treat as Szechwan sauce, so remember to serve it with Chinese wedge spring rolls.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 40 minutes for 4 rolls
Ingredients need to make Veg spring roll recipe
Material for veg spring roll
- 4 Rice Wrappers
Material for veg spring roll stuffing
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum
- 1 cup thick grated carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup boiled noodles
- 2 tsp Szechwan Sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for making a mixture of fine-water mixture
- 1/4 cup maida
- 4 tbsp water
To serve with spring rolls
- Szechwan sauce
Method of making Veg spring roll
To make a mixture of white-water
- To make the flour-water mixture for the spring rolls, take refined flour in a small bowl.
- Add water and mix it well to make a thick and lump-free solution.
Method of making stuffing of spring rolls
- Heat the oil in a wide non-stick pan, add garlic and ginger to it and fry it on high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and fry on high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and fry for 1 minute on high heat.
- Add carrots, cabbage, and noodles and cook on high heat for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, add the Szechwan sauce, tomato ketchup, and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
Spring roll recipe
- To make a spring roll, divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a rice wrapper on a clean, dry surface and 1 part of the stuffing in one corner of the wrapper.
- Roll on wrapper until ¾.
- Then take the mode from both sides one by one towards the center.
- Finally roll it completely and seal the edges using a little flour-water mixture.
- Repeat method number 2 to 5 to make 4 more rolls.
- Heat oil in a deep non-stick pan and fry them on a medium flame till they become golden brown on all sides by adding 2 wedge spring rolls at a time.
- Take out on tissue paper and using a sharp knife cut each roll diagonally into 3 equal pieces.
- Serve the veg spring rolls immediately with the Szechwan sauce.
Nutritive value per veg spring roll
- Energy 145 calories
- Protein 2.6 grams
- Carbohydrate 16 grams
- Fiber 1.1 grams
- Fat 7.9 grams
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 106.1 mg
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..