Healthy and delicious spring onion paratha recipe at home
Spring Onion Paratha: This is a unique and flavored paratha recipe, made from green onions and wheat flour. This recipe is made in place of the traditional paratha recipe made with the filling of vegetables. Compared to other parathas, the spring onion puree is added directly to the floor before it is rolled.
Paratha recipe is made in every part of India. It is usually served at lunch and dinner with raita and pickle and served as a snack. One such snack paratha recipe is Spring Onion Paratha, known for its simplicity and flavor.
The traditional paratha recipe is made with stuffing, in which boiled and pickled vegetables are stuffed inside the roti. Potato parathas are made by boiling potatoes and making them spicy, filling them in bread.
In this recipe, green onion puree is added directly to the flour, so that there is no problem with stuffing. This makes the process of rolling it even simpler.
When you roll it, you can roll it like roti or chapati. You can serve it with curd or pickle. You cannot eat plain roti or chapati with raita or curd, but you can eat this paratha.
Now I would like to give you some tips and advice for making Spring Onion Paratha. I have used only green onions in this recipe as paratha is made from it. You can also add brown onions, tomatoes, and leafy vegetables to this recipe.
When the paratha is roasted from both sides, apply oil on it only. It is not just limited to this recipe, you can use it for any paratha recipe. You can make it easier and can also be packed and taken to eat on the journey. You can also roll it like a Thepla recipe and eat it with a pickle.
Recipe card for making Spring Onion Paratha Recipe:
- Preparation Time: 10 MINUTES
- Cooking Time: 30 MINUTES
- Total Time: 40 MINUTES
- For how many people: 8 Parathas
- Course: Paratha
- Cooking: North Indian
- Keyword: spring onion paratha recipe
Necessary ingredients need to make Spring Onion Paratha
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 4 tsp turmeric
- 4 tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 4 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp dry mango powder
- 4 tsp celery
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 cup green onions, finely chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Water to knead
- Oil for cooking
Method of making Spring Onion Paratha
- First of all, take 2 cups of wheat flour, ¼ tsp turmeric, ¾ tsp chili powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder, and ½ tsp garam masala in a large bowl.
- Add ½ tsp dry mango powder, ¼ tsp celery, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 cup green onion, and ½ tsp salt.
- Now mix them well so that the spices mix well.
- After this, add 2 tablespoons of oil and mix it well.
- Now add water and knead the dough according to need.
- Make water smooth and soft by adding water according to the requirement.
- Cover it and keep it for 20 minutes.
- Now take a ball-shaped dough.
- Spread a little bit of flour on it and spread it a little bit.
- Apply oil in the middle and fold it squarely.
- Now put a little flour on it and roll it into a square.
- Roll it lightly with hands, so that the layers do not press completely.
- Now put this rolled paratha on a hot griddle and cook for a minute.
- After this, when it cooks a little from one side, then turn it over.
- Now apply ½ tsp olive oil/ghee to it and cook by pressing it lightly.
- Flip it a couple of times until it is cooked well from both sides.
- Finally, serve Spring Onion Paratha with Raita and Pickle.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..