Potato and spring onion recipe easy to make at home
Potato and spring onion recipe: Potatoes and green onions are two vegetables that are easily available in every household and can be made quickly. This is a quick and easy vegetable recipe that anyone can make very easily.
Green onions are also very nutritious. These not only reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood but also reduce the risk of a heart attack. The vitamin C in them strengthens your immune system. A nutritious vegetable is prepared by mixing it with carbohydrate-rich potatoes.
- For 2 to 3 people
- Cooking time 20 to 25 minutes
Necessary ingredients need to make Potato and Spring onion recipe
- Potato = one cup, cut into square pieces
- Green onion = half cup chopped
- Garlic = 1 tbsp, finely chopped
- Green chili = two leaves, finely chopped
- Oil = one tablespoon
- Cumin = one teaspoon
- Asafoetida = two pinches
- Red chili powder = half a teaspoon
- Turmeric powder = half a teaspoon
- Coriander powder = a small spoon
- Salt = as per taste
Method of making Potato and Spring onion recipe
- Wash and chop the green leafy portion of the onion green onions and chop them separately.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into square pieces, finely chop garlic and green chilies too.
- Now heat oil in a frying pan. And when the oil is hot, add asafetida and cumin seeds to it.
- When the cumin seeds turn brown, then add green chili and garlic.
- Roast it till the rawness of garlic is gone.
- Now add onions and cook for 3 to 5 minutes so that the onions become soft.
- Now add potatoes and fry them.
- And then add salt, turmeric, red chili, and coriander powder to it.
- And mix it well so that the spices get very well wrapped in the vegetable.
- Cover and cook. Add a little water if needed.
- And when the potatoes start to cook, then add the chopped green chunks of the onion and cook it on high flame for 5 to 8 minutes without covering it.
- Potato and Spring onion recipe vegetable is ready. Serve and eat it with lentils or rotis.
Suggestions for making Potato and Spring onion recipe
- While cooking green leafy vegetables, cook them on high heat or else they release water and the vegetables do not become puffy.
- Never cook green leafy vegetables covered. By doing this, their color turns black and their natural green color is lost.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..