Delicious healthy rajma chawal recipe makes at home
Rajma chawal recipe: Follow this easy Rajma Rice recipe, which is a slight variation of Rajma, one of the most popular delicacies in Punjab. In the delicacy of this Punjabi rajma rice, cooked kidney beans are excitingly cooked with ginger and green chilies with tomatoes and onions, spices, and then added to the rice. However, you will be surprised to see that these are all everyday ingredients for which you do not have to shop!
We are telling you the perfect recipe for a long and tiring day and one that everyone likes. Rajma and rice, no food can satisfy more. This famous combination of Rajma rice is a food dish for a diner and a healthy protein for vegetarians as it is a combination of grains and lentils.
Rajma rice is derived from Punjab and this recipe is super unique as we have made it like casserole by mixing Rajma curry and Basmati rice. If you soak rajma a day in advance then this Punjabi rajma rice can be made easily.
I’m sure not even an amateur would do anything wrong with this. This recipe comes on my menu at least once in 2 weeks because it is remembered by everyone in my family and my children go crazy for Rajma rice. Also, the best thing is that it is a one-of-a-kind dish and has a very spicy taste, so you need to cook something else and have it with raita or curd as an accompaniment. is.
To make Rajma rice, heat oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin and asafoetida to it. Hinge after digestion helps digestion and prevents stomach problems. Add onion and ginger-garlic paste. Rajma usually has a thick gravy as a common base which is onion and tomato puree, but here we have used both ingredients and onion puree.
Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander-cumin powder, and salt. Add the beans and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles. Press a kidney bean between your thumb and index finger to check if it is fully cooked or not, there should be no resistance when you cut it.
If they are all firm to bite, then add some more water as per your requirement and pressure cook for 1-2 whistles. Add cooked rice. Before adding rice, if you find the beans very watery, cook without a lid until the excess water comes out, add coriander and mix well.
A lip-smacking rajma rice is made by mixing it with cooked rice, a tangy preparation of rajma, which stays fresh for at least 5 hours in a children’s tiffin box. It is common to have rice with Rajma curry with you, but the best part is that it comes in a convenient one-dish package that is easy for children to handle at lunch.
We have taken care to make the algae slightly moist so that it does not dry out after a few hours. So, don’t worry if you end up with a little moist rice; This Punjabi Rajma rice is like this.
Here are some more recipes:
Here is a health tip: 9 Health benefits of Soyabean
How to make rajma rice
- 1/2 cup kidney beans soaked overnight and drained
- 3 cups cooked rice or leftover rice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida hing
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 coriander-cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- To make Rajma rice, heat the oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add onion and ginger-garlic paste and fry on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander-cumin powder, and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the beans and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to drain before opening the lid.
- Then add cooked rice, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add coriander and mix well.
How to pack rajma chawal
- Let the Rajma Chawal cool down completely and pack in an air-tight tiffin box.
Firstly I’d like to tell you that I love cooking personally and do experiments with regular recipes. So that I can provide a good tasty and delicious recipe. That you can easily make at home and enjoy your day. Here on this website, you can find Healthy recipes, Chicken recipes, Non-veg recipes, Veg Recipes, Delicious snacks, and much more…..